First time for everything!

Just thinking that marra. Used to love a pint of Scotch. Like a lot of the best things, it is sadly no longer available. Down to all the yunguns taste for Lager and Cider I suppose. Mild, too. Was that Half and Half, Bitter/Mild?!
Some of the real ales available these days are far better than the beers of the past though..

Some of the real ales available these days are far better than the beers of the past though..
Very True, marra. Maybe it's just fond memories of my youth, creeping in tho.
They've nigh on all gone now. Double Diamond, McKeowns Scotch, Exhibition, Worthington E, Tartan, Websters Pennine Bitter, Double Max (doesn't exist now it's not made in Sunlan!), Sampson and some crackers from Castle Eden;)

They've nigh on all gone now. Double Diamond, McKeowns Scotch, Exhibition, Worthington E, Tartan, Websters Pennine Bitter, Double Max (doesn't exist now it's not made in Sunlan!), Sampson and some crackers from Castle Eden;)
Double Maxim is brewed in Sunderland again now mate.. It wasn't the same when it was brewed in Sheffield..

I got a pint of Exhibition maybe six years ago in The Promenade at Seaburn. Tasted ok but I had the quickshits for 2 days afterwards.

Had a few pints of it in a sesh when I was 17 and it gave me the joint worst hangover that I've ever had. T'other one was Kronenbourg:lol::lol::lol:
Is that Numbers, marra? I've been wobbly a few times on that in the past. Slalom D was another one, a good few years before that.
When I was a kid, I thought I was the bee's knees having a few pints of Theakston's Old Peculier followed by whisky & green ginger chasers. Didn't need many of them to get unsteady. Another was Guinness with a tot of port hoyed in it. Lethal, ha ha.

I'll have to stock up for Chrimbo, marra. Many thanks for that:cool:

Is that Numbers, marra? I've been wobbly a few times on that in the past. Slalom D was another one, a good few years before that.
When I was a kid, I thought I was the bee's knees having a few pints of Theakston's Old Peculier followed by whisky & green ginger chasers. Didn't need many of them to get unsteady. Another was Guinness with a tot of port hoyed in it. Lethal, ha ha.
Really like the sounds of the Guinness and port. It's now on me Bucket list:lol:

Last edited:

Back