First press conference

Massive step up in quality of manager :rolleyes: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Don't think its a great appointment but I will get behind him 100% and will probably be supporting him long after the mob have turned on him and want him out.

Anybody thinking he should be gone if he doesnt get promoted is an absolute idiot. Somebody elses team, cant change the squad till January and the idea he should be fired if he cant get us promoted with just one window (the worst window to improve the squad) is absurd......Sadly it will be how he is judged and I suspect come the summer the same people will be baying for his blood.

The previous manager was making us worse. The team was poorer than last year and looked susceptible to an easy beating if teams put us under any pressure whatsoever. We definitely weren't going up with him, we now have a manager that knows what it takes to get out of this division. We will be better under him.

Simon O'Rourke asked how he intends to get us promoted...

"well we need to play well with and without the ball and when we don't play well then we need to win anyway" or words to that affect. :lol:

I think Parkinson spoke very well. Straightforward and clear. Mind you, it has an eerie ring when yet another manager talks about the challenge of reviving 'this great club'.
Havenā€™t heard it but itā€™ll be the same scripted garbage that every single person that gets appointed spouts... huge club, great facilities, fans deserve success, sleeping giant, give something back to the fans to make them proud blah blah blah, this clown will be out the door faster than Grayson, hopefully followed by Donald. All this crap about being a powerhouse in this league with transfer budgets championship teams would envy makes us look silly, Iā€™d take a wild guess that weā€™re skint and this appointment proves it. For me, appointing a real ā€˜nameā€™ like Pearson Would have been a statement of intent. ā€˜Roy Keane would be here in a heart beatā€™ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ what a f***ing clown SD is turning out to be
Skirted the question about whether heā€™s been set a target of promotion by the owners.....
Absolutely no chance

Last edited:
Massive step up in quality of manager :rolleyes: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Don't think its a great appointment but I will get behind him 100% and will probably be supporting him long after the mob have turned on him and want him out.

Anybody thinking he should be gone if he doesnt get promoted is an absolute idiot. Somebody elses team, cant change the squad till January and the idea he should be fired if he cant get us promoted with just one window (the worst window to improve the squad) is absurd......Sadly it will be how he is judged and I suspect come the summer the same people will be baying for his blood.

Post above following pattern of several today...

1st line - Make sacrcastic / snide / derogatory comment about Phil Parkinson
2nd line - Declare that you are 100% behind him

Logon or register to see this image

Several time and I was there at Bradford when they knocked us out the cup long balls up to Stead and Hanson. Happy?

So in the games you did see, you saw his team win and beat us?
Havenā€™t heard it but itā€™ll be the same scripted garbage that every single person that gets appointed spouts... huge club, great facilities, fans deserve success, sleeping giant, give something back to the fans to make them proud blah blah blah, this clown will be out the door faster than Grayson, hopefully followed by Donald. All this crap about being a powerhouse in this league with transfer budgets championship teams would envy makes us look silly, Iā€™d take a wild guess that weā€™re skint and this appointment proves it. For me, appointing a real ā€˜nameā€™ like Pearson Would have been a statement of intent. ā€˜Roy Keane would be here in a heart beatā€™ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ what a f***ing clown SD is turning out to be

Absolutely no chance

Thatā€™s certainty for you!

Last edited:
came across very well.. but so did colemen and grayson.. proof will be in the pudding.. he seemed a lot more relaxed than the previous.. but i get the feeling he wont be relaxed if the players arent performing..

He didn't like. Grayson came across like Smiffy from The Bash Street Kids. Barely a couple of brain cells to rub together.

Coleman I'll grant you. Intelligent bloke.

harsh.. nice bloke but the job was too big for him. and he wasnt backed by the hierarchy.. never had a chance really..

Grayson wasn't backed by brain cells. If I was the owner, no way would I give him my money to spend. He'd probably spend it all on pies.

Came across as intelligent, eager and with a clear plan, refused to have anyone paint him into a corner on targets. Happy with that tbh. It was so controlled that I think the investment answer was pre-scripted. Let's it be known it is still ongoing without the weight/hysteria/legal issues of a club statement saying the same.

Post above following pattern of several today...

1st line - Make sacrcastic / snide / derogatory comment about Phil Parkinson
2nd line - Declare that you are 100% behind him

Logon or register to see this image
Like I said, once you want him out I will still back him. If we were going to get Phill Parkinson what was the point of getting rid of Jack Ross?

Back