First place you worked.

Bank Top garage on Boldon bank around 1980. Stayed 6 weeks before moving to a tyre factory in Chester le street.
Then left to work for the Neeb,Northern Electric,Npower

They had the yard next to ours in Chester le street.
Norman and his sons Davy and Colin?

Davy's no longer with us now, dunno about Colin, haven't seen him in years.

Had a 2-3 week spell as a waiter in an Italian restaurant in Seaham about 11-12 year ago, since then I finished uni (regretfully not working through it, but serious personal circumstances prevented it) and moved to Vilanova i la Geltru, near Barcelona, and got a job as an English teacher. A fresh start, a new job and I'm still here in the same place and the same job and loving it. Will be 10 years in the job come next September at the age of 31!

Davy's no longer with us now, dunno about Colin, haven't seen him in years.
Thats a real shame about Davy.
There was a secretary called Lynne who was stunning.
I was 16 and fancied the life out of her.
They had to old Dainty Dinah toffee warehouse next to us in the tyre factory

Thats a real shame about Davy.
There was a secretary called Lynne who was stunning.
I was 16 and fancied the life out of her.
They had to old Dainty Dinah toffee warehouse next to us in the tyre factory

Aye shame about Davy, don't know who Lynne was though.

Tyre factory, used to know a lad there, Brew. Quiet, but a top lad.

Bank Top garage on Boldon bank around 1980. Stayed 6 weeks before moving to a tyre factory in Chester le street.

In Durham? You might have known my dad. He was with them for around 25 odd years. Was a meter reader then worked in an office dealing with customers accounts.

Aye shame about Davy, don't know who Lynne was though.

Tyre factory, used to know a lad there, Brew. Quiet, but a top lad.
Paul?...if its who I think then aye he was a great lad.
In Durham? You might have known my dad. He was with them for around 25 odd years. Was a meter reader then worked in an office dealing with customers accounts.
I was at TVTE when i was in the office

Thems the ones aye

Paul?...if its who I think then aye he was a great lad.

I was at TVTE when i was in the office
What and/or where is TVTE? I just know that my dads office was in Durham city. Or at least it used to be. After I left home in 1984 I have no idea where he worked from.

Something I've always wondered about that. Do you get training on incompetency, and how to fuck up basic orders? ;)
I think it just came naturally to some. Going back a while now like but it was pointless doing a decent job of something 'cos you'd just be given more to do, while the slow, thick and lazy sat about doing nowt. The supervisor was awful. They didn't have the right structure in place to manage so many people who just wanted to turn up, do nowt and go home with a few quid. I have sympathy with some of the kiosk staff, the ones you can see are trying. Boils my piss when they're just being slow though :lol:

I think it just came naturally to some. Going back a while now like but it was pointless doing a decent job of something 'cos you'd just be given more to do, while the slow, thick and lazy sat about doing nowt. The supervisor was awful. They didn't have the right structure in place to manage so many people who just wanted to turn up, do nowt and go home with a few quid. I have sympathy with some of the kiosk staff, the ones you can see are trying. Boils my piss when they're just being slow though :lol:
Last time I was there I saw one lad load the fridge up with magners. He served me when I got to the front. "2 lagers and a magners please pal". "Sorry, we don't sell magners" 😂

What and/or where is TVTE? I just know that my dads office was in Durham city. Or at least it used to be. After I left home in 1984 I have no idea where he worked from.

Its Team Valley trading estate in Gateshead.
I think we got a lot of staff from Durham when they closed the office at waterside depot.

Pot boy then bar man in Chaplin’s in the late 80’s. What a time that was being a young lad

Back