First person to land on mars

safcforever

Striker
Is probably alive today.
That’s amazing to think about.

China landed a rover on Mars today joining 2 other successful landings on the planet. They claim that the first person to land on Mars is likely to be in school already.

Like in terms of terraforming Mars so humans can live there or just visit and never go back like we did with the moon (allegedly, as I am still sceptical as to whether we actually went to the moon).

Is probably alive today.
That’s amazing to think about.

China landed a rover on Mars today joining 2 other successful landings on the planet. They claim that the first person to land on Mars is likely to be in school already.
Didn’t someone on here used to go on about landing on Jim’s Mars......

Like in terms of terraforming Mars so humans can live there or just visit and never go back like we did with the moon (allegedly, as I am still sceptical as to whether we actually went to the moon).
I can`t understand why no one has ever been back over 50 years later.

Getting people to Mars isn't too hard. It's keeping them alive then getting them back here which is the complicated bit

Like the early settlers to the New World, most of those going to Mars will be on one way trips.

He/she will probably die further away from Earth than anyone else ever has.

This, sadly.

I don't know why countries spend so much on space programmes when vast numbers in these countries are living terrible lives that could be improved by these countries. I can understand getting satellites out there. There is a payback to that. We shouldn't get involved though, we have HS2 to waste billions on.

Back