First MLS game tonight.

Here in Orlando yeah look at me etc etc and decided to take in a match. It's against new York Red bull and this is nothing like being at a game back home. Beer in my seat nachos and non segregated away fans. There's only about 100 of them but it's a fair way from new York tbh. The parking lot outside is like our fan zone on steroids games for the kids, give aways, competitions to win cars and food trucks all over. Its a different culture and I like it

Last edited:

Most places do have a designated area for the away fans, but with one or two exceptions, it's not hard for an away fan to buy a ticket anywhere they want.

Talked to two different sets of people from Sunderland at the Vancouver match last night. There must be some sort of build-in attraction to train wrecks, because Vancouver is abjectly awful right now. Outscored 16-2 over the last four MLS matches.

Most places do have a designated area for the away fans, but with one or two exceptions, it's not hard for an away fan to buy a ticket anywhere they want.

Talked to two different sets of people from Sunderland at the Vancouver match last night. There must be some sort of build-in attraction to train wrecks, because Vancouver is abjectly awful right now. Outscored 16-2 over the last four MLS matches.

Outscored ...... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edit: it's actually just got cringey red bull fans singing here we go and the old classic attack attack attack attack attack

So then to summarise

Game was shit, the standard was lower league 2 at best, lots of cringey songs and 2 rows of drums banging. Orlando just couldn't score hit the bar twice plenty of pin ball Scrambles in the goal mouth and one funny chant. When the goalie took a goal kick the whole end being the goal went whoooaaaa you suck ass. Enjoyed it tho but won't hurry to repeat the experience.

Last edited:

We are Sunderland mate. Its what we do.

I must admit, I quite like the MLS. Yeah the standard isn’t great, but it’s improving.

There is also a lot we can learn from the Americans in terms of the match experience.

I like watching FC Dallas, been to many of their games, but then I'll pretty much watch any game of football. Agree about the standard. And it is a strange experience mind, seeing a goal being scored and not leaving your seat. A high five with the bloke next to you and a few whoops and that's about it.

Going mental when your team scores is what it's all about for me. If you're not doing that, why are you there?

I like watching FC Dallas, been to many of their games, but then I'll pretty much watch any game of football. Agree about the standard. And it is a strange experience mind, seeing a goal being scored and not leaving your seat. A high five with the bloke next to you and a few whoops and that's about it.

Going mental when your team scores is what it's all about for me. If you're not doing that, why are you there?
There's no going mental over here anymore unless it's something significant. All seaters have taken that away. You're sat back down before the other team restarts.

This. Which VAR will kill off.

I'm going to be over in Vancouver in September, and will go to the game vs Columbus Crew. Any recommendations for pre-match drinks ?

Edit: it's actually just got cringey red bull fans singing here we go and the old classic attack attack attack attack attack

So then to summarise

Game was shit, the standard was lower league 2 at best, lots of cringey songs and 2 rows of drums banging. Orlando just couldn't score hit the bar twice plenty of pin ball Scrambles in the goal mouth and one funny chant. When the goalie took a goal kick the whole end being the goal went whoooaaaa you suck ass. Enjoyed it tho but won't hurry to repeat the experience.

We're off in a couple weeks and looking to go. Few questions if your able to help;

1 - Where did you buy tickets from?
2 - How easy is it to get to the stadium - how long does it take, much traffic etc?
3 - Parking, is there plenty to choose from within walking distance

We're stopping in close to Animal Kingdom so wondering what its like to get too as we'll be going after a day out so need to leave plenty time to get there, park up etc

I must admit, I quite like the MLS. Yeah the standard isn’t great, but it’s improving.

There is also a lot we can learn from the Americans in terms of the match experience.
I agree with this , as admirable as our south stand is when in full voice , we are still singing the same stuff we sang in the 70,s , it just doesn’t cut it anymore.

Got to admit I've got less mental after a goal over the years. Getting chucked five rows down onto hard-edged plastic seats tends to lose a bit of its appeal once you reach your fifties.

Back