First MLS game tonight.

I'm going to be over in Vancouver in September, and will go to the game vs Columbus Crew. Any recommendations for pre-match drinks ?

Loads of places on the north side of the stadium. Library Square Pub is a fairly popular one.

Not sure if I'll be there yet, waiting for the schedule of the schools team I help coach to be finalized.

SAFC fan exiled in Atlanta and love going along to the MB. Footy not highest quality but open and entertaining. Definitely take most Atlanta players as a swap for Safc’s current squad. Safc scouts take note of Gonzales-Perez central defence and escobar at RB. Martinez up front is a Superkev type poacher, unfortunately his wages would be way above our current ceiling. Atmosphere consistently mint. My only complaint is that the Americans can’t resist wandering around the stadium and eating their heeds off all game.

SAFC fan exiled in Atlanta and love going along to the MB. Footy not highest quality but open and entertaining. Definitely take most Atlanta players as a swap for Safc’s current squad. Safc scouts take note of Gonzales-Perez central defence and escobar at RB. Martinez up front is a Superkev type poacher, unfortunately his wages would be way above our current ceiling. Atmosphere consistently mint. My only complaint is that the Americans can’t resist wandering around the stadium and eating their heeds off all game.

Some stadium that mind.

We’ve friends in Atlanta, haven’t been for a couple of years but looking to get to a NFL game in October or November

Its worth looking at Mount Pleasant area - there are a few great craft breweries there if thats your thing. In the Olympic village there is also a big craft pub (its a chain but loads of good beers) and a tap and barrel that are nice too

Vancouver Ale Trail – The BC Ale Trail
Cheers. Thanks for the info and link. Looks good !

Loads of places on the north side of the stadium. Library Square Pub is a fairly popular one.

Not sure if I'll be there yet, waiting for the schedule of the schools team I help coach to be finalized.
Cheers. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to a good day of it !

Last edited:
Usually get to 3-4 Red Bulls games a season, but I've been a bit slow this year. It's a good afternoon or evening out - the standard isn't up to much and the atmosphere is a bit odd if you've grown up watching the game back home, but for those that haven't, like my kids, they have a great time, and you can have a beer or two in your seat while watching the world class finishing of Bradley Wright-Phillips. What's not to like?
the MLS legend that is Bradley Wright Phillip's, what's not to like?

Here in Orlando yeah look at me etc etc and decided to take in a match. It's against new York Red bull and this is nothing like being at a game back home. Beer in my seat nachos and non segregated away fans. There's only about 100 of them but it's a fair way from new York tbh. The parking lot outside is like our fan zone on steroids games for the kids, give aways, competitions to win cars and food trucks all over. Its a different culture and I like it

How did you get tickets ? I'm trying to buy tickets for the cup semi final via Ticketmaster but it says that they will only sell tickets to residents of Florida.

Edit: it's actually just got cringey red bull fans singing here we go and the old classic attack attack attack attack attack

So then to summarise

Game was shit, the standard was lower league 2 at best, lots of cringey songs and 2 rows of drums banging. Orlando just couldn't score hit the bar twice plenty of pin ball Scrambles in the goal mouth and one funny chant. When the goalie took a goal kick the whole end being the goal went whoooaaaa you suck ass. Enjoyed it tho but won't hurry to repeat the experience.
They still haven’t mastered atmosphere in the states yet tbh

They still haven’t mastered atmosphere in the states yet tbh

This

I’m an American and go to a lot of Phila Union games. The crowd is filled with hipster dicks with a lot of forced and ingenuous chants and drums. It’s not like the atmosphere at an NFL game at all...

Here in Orlando yeah look at me etc etc and decided to take in a match. It's against new York Red bull and this is nothing like being at a game back home. Beer in my seat nachos and non segregated away fans. There's only about 100 of them but it's a fair way from new York tbh. The parking lot outside is like our fan zone on steroids games for the kids, give aways, competitions to win cars and food trucks all over. Its a different culture and I like it

F**kin’ hell... how long have ya been there??...

I’ve a mate living in Flowery Branch. We’ve been across to a couple of Atlanta games albeit at the old stadium. My cry (at the top of my voice) of “gerrinterthecuntsman” was met with disbelief by the locals and me mate had to have a word to calm me down!! Really enjoyed the experience and the games to be honest though.

Going to NYC v Red Bulls next month. Not sure what to expect, looks well weird with them playing at Yankee Stadium.

Yankee Stadium is a world class venue, but for football, not so much.

The baseball infield is part of the pitch and the have lay down sod for grass over the infield dirt sections, which tears up easily and causes footing problems... Plus the field is way too narrow width-wise... Which forces all the players in tight... Lots of pinball and generally makes the pedestrian standard worse.

Red Bull home game would be better, as they have a proper footy pitch and it's a footy-specific stadium.

Last edited:
Yankee Stadium is a world class venue, but for football, not so much.

The baseball infield is part of the pitch and the have lay down sod for grass over the infield dirt sections, which tears up easily and causes footing problems... Plus the field is way too narrow width-wise... Which forces all the players in tight... Lots of pinball and generally makes the pedestrian standard worse.

Red Bull home game would be better, as they have a proper footy pitch and it's a footy-specific stadium.
Aye it looks an odd setup. Chance to take it in though.

Expensive beer inside the stadium. Go to stan's bar and Billy's bar before the game
Cheers man I'll be sure to check them out.

Last edited:

Back