First MLS game tonight.

the standard is wank but its class going to watch the match without the edge of a lads game.
We're off in a couple weeks and looking to go. Few questions if your able to help;

1 - Where did you buy tickets from?
2 - How easy is it to get to the stadium - how long does it take, much traffic etc?
3 - Parking, is there plenty to choose from within walking distance

We're stopping in close to Animal Kingdom so wondering what its like to get too as we'll be going after a day out so need to leave plenty time to get there, park up etc
stubhub for tickets. what i use for all US sports.

get there early and the tailgating stuff is good crack. instead of going to the boozer, you stand in the car park outside the ground with a load of burger vans serving scran and pints, as well as loads of people having crack, kicking footys about, that kind of thing. stubhub might have a ticket that includes your entry for the tailgating party, includes pints and stuff. speak to the yanks, theyre good crack and will normally grill you about a lot of stuff regarding English footy. the ones that go to soccer games are generally more cultured than the ones you find at 'football' games.

*this is from a NY Red Bulls perspective.

edit: if youre gonna go to a sporting event, get to a baseball game too (if you havent already). like going to the t20.

We're off in a couple weeks and looking to go. Few questions if your able to help;

2 - How easy is it to get to the stadium - how long does it take, much traffic etc?

We're stopping in close to Animal Kingdom so wondering what its like to get too as we'll be going after a day out so need to leave plenty time to get there, park up etc

Stubhub for tickets you'll get them delivered on your phone a couple of days before and at half the price.
It's straight up i4 and loads of places to park. We got one 5 mins walk at church street area for 10 dollars. Closer to the ground and it is 20. Wouldn't bother trying to get a tailgate ticket as there's only one area outside the club shop and everyone is free to take part in the games etc.

Here in Orlando yeah look at me etc etc and decided to take in a match. It's against new York Red bull and this is nothing like being at a game back home. Beer in my seat nachos and non segregated away fans. There's only about 100 of them but it's a fair way from new York tbh. The parking lot outside is like our fan zone on steroids games for the kids, give aways, competitions to win cars and food trucks all over. Its a different culture and I like it

i'm over there in a couple of weeks when they play Dallas (saturday night) and Atlanta (tuesaday night) at home. tempted to go but its 2 hours drive from where we are staying. went to NY Red Bulls v NYCFC in with the away fans a few years ago, was a class experience. atmosphere was belter.

can you pay on the gate?

I'm going to be over in Vancouver in September, and will go to the game vs Columbus Crew. Any recommendations for pre-match drinks ?

Went to a game in September 2017 - drank around Yaletown, which is a very close to the stadium. Drank in the Yaletown Brewing Company, which was fine, although I'm no doubt there are lots of better places. Stacks of places along Hamilton Street - bars, restaurants, the lot. A few minutes walk from the ground.

If you've not been to Vancouver then you're in for a treat. It is a fantastic city, going back next May, really, really looking forward to it.

The game itself was a average enough, it's a bit sanitized. I'd still go again though.

Went to a game in September 2017 - drank around Yaletown, which is a very close to the stadium. Drank in the Yaletown Brewing Company, which was fine, although I'm no doubt there are lots of better places. Stacks of places along Hamilton Street - bars, restaurants, the lot. A few minutes walk from the ground.

If you've not been to Vancouver then you're in for a treat. It is a fantastic city, going back next May, really, really looking forward to it.

The game itself was a average enough, it's a bit sanitized. I'd still go again though.
Cheers for the info.
Been to Vancouver 3 or 4 times and love it, but this will be the first "soccer" game for me.

i'm over there in a couple of weeks when they play Dallas (saturday night) and Atlanta (tuesaday night) at home. tempted to go but its 2 hours drive from where we are staying. went to NY Red Bulls v NYCFC in with the away fans a few years ago, was a class experience. atmosphere was belter.

can you pay on the gate?

Aye similar time to us. The Saturday night we'll be struggling as out that day, tuesday is a cup game and can't find any cheap tickets for that yet. So we're looking at the Wednesday 14th home game, our last night to go.

Aye similar time to us. The Saturday night we'll be struggling as out that day, tuesday is a cup game and can't find any cheap tickets for that yet. So we're looking at the Wednesday 14th home game, our last night to go.

$15 per ticket on here, thats pretty cheap isnt it? probably the one that i will go to if i can persuade her

unreserved safe standing as well. sounds canny

Last edited:
Cheers for the info.
Been to Vancouver 3 or 4 times and love it, but this will be the first "soccer" game for me.

You know it better than me then. The match is a bit different, but worth going to. Easy to get a drink too. We were hammering the wine into us in our seats.

We did the racing at Hastings (a very basic track.....) and the match in the same day.

Great city, cannot wait to return.

Going to NYC v Red Bulls next month. Not sure what to expect, looks well weird with them playing at Yankee Stadium.

The one I went to was at red bulls arena , purpose built footy ground, canny enough, generic modern ground but the 'away end' was in the corner and they had a tailgate party with free beer from bronx brewery for the away fans. I'd been on thier forum for a few months before hand so met up with thier 'ultras' (jesus christ) who are called The Third Rail and they had scarves for me and our lass, one of which they'd had signed by the squad for us, which was nice. Drinking cans of Goose Island 6% ($12 per can) whilst watching the match, unreserved standing and a good song book, it was very memorable. Was good crack on the train back to Manhattan. They tried to 'segregate' they away end but you could freely walk about , the cops kept the away fans in for 20 mins after the match but we just walked around the seats till we were in the home end and walked out. They really are obsessed with some sort vision of english football culture that really doesn't exist. Not sure what it will be like at the Yankees stadium, but anywhere in New York is f***ing class as far as I am concerned, best city I've ever been to.

Been to Orlando games last year and year before. Company called Oscursions run transport to the ground plus couple of beers and match tickets for 70 dollars

The one I went to was at red bulls arena , purpose built footy ground, canny enough, generic modern ground but the 'away end' was in the corner and they had a tailgate party with free beer from bronx brewery for the away fans. I'd been on thier forum for a few months before hand so met up with thier 'ultras' (jesus christ) who are called The Third Rail and they had scarves for me and our lass, one of which they'd had signed by the squad for us, which was nice. Drinking cans of Goose Island 6% ($12 per can) whilst watching the match, unreserved standing and a good song book, it was very memorable. Was good crack on the train back to Manhattan. They tried to 'segregate' they away end but you could freely walk about , the cops kept the away fans in for 20 mins after the match but we just walked around the seats till we were in the home end and walked out. They really are obsessed with some sort vision of english football culture that really doesn't exist. Not sure what it will be like at the Yankees stadium, but anywhere in New York is f***ing class as far as I am concerned, best city I've ever been to.
red bulls are the best team like. NYCFC can fuck off. ;)

Been to Orlando games last year and year before. Company called Oscursions run transport to the ground plus couple of beers and match tickets for 70 dollars

Would probably do that but will be a few kids and others probably not too bothered about a drink, but will keep it in mind cheers!

I went 3 years ago to an Orlando match and judging by the posts on here I must have driven in the wrong way as literally a couple hundred yards from the ground was a proper rundown shanty town area, I was literally shitting me'sel at some of the characters knocking about. When I did get parked up the tailgate parties were spot on, the prices in the ground were very expensive, something like $9 for a pint. Atmosphere a bit shit, choreographed stuff going on in the far end and a drum but just not like a proper game. Can't remember who they were playing but ended 0-0 and the star man, by far, was Giles Barnes who was playing for the opposition. That shows you the standard (unless it was Kieran Richardson?).

Usually get to 3-4 Red Bulls games a season, but I've been a bit slow this year. It's a good afternoon or evening out - the standard isn't up to much and the atmosphere is a bit odd if you've grown up watching the game back home, but for those that haven't, like my kids, they have a great time, and you can have a beer or two in your seat while watching the world class finishing of Bradley Wright-Phillips. What's not to like?

Back