first game this Saturday in over fifteen years

PMd

Check your mail!!:) Would love a ticket!

Why? You got any contacts like?

No one would believe the stories i lived to tell!

When i was in the remote cloud forest with zero communication to the outside world i used to walk/hitch out every couple of months down the mountain track to the nearest village and book into a cheap hostel for a few nights R&R....get on here and check what was happening with the lads. All doom and gloom, dark days indeed.

Have a shower, sleep in a bed, check FB and GMail and then buy supplies and head back to for another few months.

Ended up two years overstay, deported and with the help of the UK embassy and the Salvation Army make my way back to the UK.... destitute!

Shit got so bad at times it reminded me of Peterlee!!
Saying that finally I got a great job and enjoying life and the footy this season has helped!

Anyhow, nobody giving me a fuck off?..or is that only for non-lads?
Welcome back and fuck off! Sounds like an interesting time, apart from the Peterlee bit it sounds like a good sequel to the Big Lebowski :D

Reet that's my ticket sorted. Looks like i am not having to go into the home end after all. Thanks all and i look forward to meeting up. Will leave the parish about 10am listening to WMS and RR popcasts to get into the mood.

Just a two hour drive up from bandit country to Bristol. That's a long 65mile drive.

And no, i am not driving a tractor 'loike'.

One of the things i really like about this forum is although we are sunlun there are a quite a few good posters from other clubs..although your a sentimental old fart at times,i do enjoy your crack.

One day hope to meet up with a few on here. Absolutely spot on forum and as you can see from the postings feel a sense of an accepted asylum seeker.
Always interesting isn’t it to think what people are really like from behind a keyboard. Me, always the kid that never grew up but like to think I am bringing up two boys the best way I can. Life’s tough, works tough but you simply have to escape from the pressures. Following football has always been my outlet.
Lucky to have a lovely Wife (no) who is low maintenance and enjoys her village life, walks, photography etc. Quite a change from both of us being party animals when younger.
I am a deep old sod, sentimental and loyal.
The Netflix Sunderland documentary thus got to be inside, particularly the fans as I could relate to everything. Simple decent and normal people (people I like) having an association with something that is important to them. Mixed in with history and pride. When it wasn’t going so well you could see and feel the hurt and therefore made that connection.
It was superb and I have got so many people down here to watch it.

One last thing mate. Some real f***ing awful people we have to share the World with. The fundamental difference at the end of the day between you and me is a football team. We are all guilty of forgetting that but equally we install that rivalry because it adds to the total package as long as we manage it the right way.

Another game tomorrow, Grimsby at home and we go again. Full of hope and with both my lads. Simple old life isn’t it. :)

One day hope to meet up with a few on here. Absolutely spot on forum and as you can see from the postings feel a sense of an accepted asylum seeker.
Always interesting isn’t it to think what people are really like from behind a keyboard. Me, always the kid that never grew up but like to think I am bringing up two boys the best way I can. Life’s tough, works tough but you simply have to escape from the pressures. Following football has always been my outlet.
Lucky to have a lovely Wife (no) who is low maintenance and enjoys her village life, walks, photography etc. Quite a change from both of us being party animals when younger.
I am a deep old sod, sentimental and loyal.
The Netflix Sunderland documentary thus got to be inside, particularly the fans as I could relate to everything. Simple decent and normal people (people I like) having an association with something that is important to them. Mixed in with history and pride. When it wasn’t going so well you could see and feel the hurt and therefore made that connection.
It was superb and I have got so many people down here to watch it.

One last thing mate. Some real f***ing awful people we have to share the World with. The fundamental difference at the end of the day between you and me is a football team. We are all guilty of forgetting that but equally we install that rivalry because it adds to the total package as long as we manage it the right way.

Another game tomorrow, Grimsby at home and we go again. Full of hope and with both my lads. Simple old life isn’t it. :)

Well said old chap, well said!! I could not agree more and i do enjoy the insights posters from other teams usually bring. Most Mags included.

After clicking through a few links and seeing the state of some of the other forums its no wonder a few lost souls find their way here and stick around for the crack/craic.
Good luck tomorrow..will that car plant closing effect your family?

Well said old chap, well said!! I could not agree more and i do enjoy the insights posters from other teams usually bring. Most Mags included.

After clicking through a few links and seeing the state of some of the other forums its no wonder a few lost souls find their way here and stick around for the crack/craic.
Good luck tomorrow..will that car plant closing effect your family?

No mate I am 60 miles from Swindon however it is bound to effect a fair few Swindon fans and the local economy. Nothing positive about it. They only plus is the news is out and a fair way off to give the people some much needed time to consider all options.
The Town itself needs more than a lick of paint though, however the surrounding areas are stunning.

Reet that's my ticket sorted. Looks like i am not having to go into the home end after all. Thanks all and i look forward to meeting up. Will leave the parish about 10am listening to WMS and RR popcasts to get into the mood.

Just a two hour drive up from bandit country to Bristol. That's a long 65mile drive.

And no, i am not driving a tractor 'loike'.

One of the things i really like about this forum is although we are sunlun there are a quite a few good posters from other clubs..although your a sentimental old fart at times,i do enjoy your crack.
Shame. You could have slipped your blow-pipe down your trousers and then gone mag hunting at half-time.

Ones a jungles full of insects the other is a concrete jungle full of parasites.

Only joking, I am proud of my roots i just would not choose to live there although I would be tempted to move back to the NE if global warming continues and I could live off grid.

When

I lived there there were playing fields all the way down from the allotment's and farmers fields all the way to Easington Village.
Hunter print was still producing wank mags and they would blow around in the wind and strange chemical smells could be smelt if the wind was coming a certain direction.

Peterlee taught me a few things growing up.

1) how to run fast
2) how to sell something worth £7.5for £10
3) street smarts

Skills that have come in real handy in my life, so no complaints here.
4). How to get back to Sunderland from Peterlee, having blown your cash on a Greggs pasty ?

PMd

When i was in the remote cloud forest with zero communication to the outside world i used to walk/hitch out every couple of months down the mountain track to the nearest village and book into a cheap hostel for a few nights R&R....get on here and check what was happening with the lads. All doom and gloom, dark days indeed.

Have a shower, sleep in a bed, check FB and GMail and then buy supplies and head back to for another few months.

Ended up two years overstay, deported and with the help of the UK embassy and the Salvation Army make my way back to the UK.... destitute!

Saying that finally I got a great job and enjoying life and the footy this season has helped!

Did you get lost on the way back?
Fuck off Tommy. !!

Enjoy the game pal.

PMd

I know how ya feel pal,

Many a night av woke up sweatin an dehydrated,
tongue stuck to the roof of me mouth,
eyes irritated an stuck together,
Traversing the dark landing and staggerin blindly downwards holding the railing and into the kitchen to the fridge to neck a cold pint of milk.

I arlways say am gonna pack the booze in but never do.

we beat the mags a few years ago 3-0 in Newcastle

there was a beach ball incident

one of our players got in trouble with the police

we changed grounds

and paulo dicanio

was knifed in the back

nowt much else happened

I wouldn’t be the man I am today if I hadn’t grown up in Peterlee. Friday night in the Gamecock, Saturday the Black Bull. Select coaches to Roker Park, the Pavillion... a very long walk to the cinema in Horden (what was it called).. shotton Hall comp...

PMd

it's a hell of a place kielder

Back