first game this Saturday in over fifteen years

..been living overseas for the last 15 years(just back last year and moved to sunny Devon) and away from the NE since the late Eighties but this Saturday i will be in the home end watching the match. Finally got a new log in after been locked out and loosing my last one.

Not been back to the NE in nearly 20 years (born and raised in Peterlee) so only been to the Sol once but managed a few away games down south. Getting excited for the match and hopefully 3 lovely points!

Been following the lads on this forum, dodgy streams and the radio but this Saturday my drought ends!..

Super excited!

0-2 Grigg 2

That is all!

FTM

theres a couple of tickets floating about for the away end if you want to be in with The Lads... PM me if interested

The amazon.... Warehouse in Leeds aye?

Bet you have some tales to tell, "from peterlee to the amazon and back again by exmoor hippy"

Enjoy the match hope we win. Ftm

Wake up, wake up, wake up........
“Where am I?”
“You’re in Division One.”
“Not missed a lot then.....”

Have a cracking day out and enjoy it.
Good news weather looks ok and thus you won’t get wet if on that shit piece of terrace on the corner, unless you are in the expensive seats.

theres a couple of tickets floating about for the away end if you want to be in with The Lads... PM me if interested
PMd

Check your mail!!:) Would love a ticket!

With being an Ex-moor Hippy does that mean you want to be a hippy again and you want to get stoned:)

Why? You got any contacts like?

The amazon.... Warehouse in Leeds aye?

Bet you have some tales to tell, "from peterlee to the amazon and back again by exmoor hippy"

Enjoy the match hope we win. Ftm

No one would believe the stories i lived to tell!

When i was in the remote cloud forest with zero communication to the outside world i used to walk/hitch out every couple of months down the mountain track to the nearest village and book into a cheap hostel for a few nights R&R....get on here and check what was happening with the lads. All doom and gloom, dark days indeed.

Have a shower, sleep in a bed, check FB and GMail and then buy supplies and head back to for another few months.

Ended up two years overstay, deported and with the help of the UK embassy and the Salvation Army make my way back to the UK.... destitute!

Shit got so bad at times it reminded me of Peterlee!!
Saying that finally I got a great job and enjoying life and the footy this season has helped!

Anyhow, nobody giving me a fuck off?..or is that only for non-lads?

Last edited:
PMd

When i was in the remote cloud forest with zero communication to the outside world i used to walk/hitch out every couple of months down the mountain track to the nearest village and book into a cheap hostel for a few nights R&R....get on here and check what was happening with the lads. All doom and gloom, dark days indeed.

Have a shower, sleep in a bed, check FB and GMail and then buy supplies and head back to for another few months.

Ended up two years overstay, deported and with the help of the UK embassy and the Salvation Army make my way back to the UK.... destitute!

Saying that finally I got a great job and enjoying life and the footy this season has helped!

:lol:

PMd

Class that marra. Really hope we win it for you if nothing else pal.

PMd

F*ck off. Toon Toon.

Better?

Did you kill any snakes or wild animals, with your bare hands, whilst in the Amazon Jungle?

Reet that's my ticket sorted. Looks like i am not having to go into the home end after all. Thanks all and i look forward to meeting up. Will leave the parish about 10am listening to WMS and RR popcasts to get into the mood.

Just a two hour drive up from bandit country to Bristol. That's a long 65mile drive.

And no, i am not driving a tractor 'loike'.

Wake up, wake up, wake up........
“Where am I?”
“You’re in Division One.”
“Not missed a lot then.....”

Have a cracking day out and enjoy it.
Good news weather looks ok and thus you won’t get wet if on that shit piece of terrace on the corner, unless you are in the expensive seats.

One of the things i really like about this forum is although we are sunlun there are a quite a few good posters from other clubs..although your a sentimental old fart at times,i do enjoy your crack.

Last edited:
PMd

The Amazon sounds a lot like Peterlee tbh.

The Amazon sounds a lot like Peterlee tbh.

Ones a jungles full of insects the other is a concrete jungle full of parasites.

Only joking, I am proud of my roots i just would not choose to live there although I would be tempted to move back to the NE if global warming continues and I could live off grid.

When
Was it a shithole when you lived here? And arnly the top lads are from Acre Rigg :lol:.
I lived there there were playing fields all the way down from the allotment's and farmers fields all the way to Easington Village.
Hunter print was still producing wank mags and they would blow around in the wind and strange chemical smells could be smelt if the wind was coming a certain direction.

Peterlee taught me a few things growing up.

1) how to run fast
2) how to sell something worth £7.5for £10
3) street smarts

Skills that have come in real handy in my life, so no complaints here.

Last edited:

Back