First game at the SoL - Man City 1997...

My main memory was that about half the team were indistinguishable from each other just a bunch of baggy shorted short haired short arses tbh. Bumped into a load of people we knew around town that neet and everyone else was saying the same. One bloke even said it was also being discussed in the players lounge after the game.

My main memory was that about half the team were indistinguishable from each other just a bunch of baggy shorted short haired short arses tbh. Bumped into a load of people we knew around town that neet and everyone else was saying the same. One bloke even said it was also being discussed in the players lounge after the game.
Watching it I thought the same. Clark, Byrne and Phillips easy to mix up. In fact, I thought why is Phillips wearing 11?

I was in the Concourse for the Ajax game, so it was my first time in the lower bowl. I can remember walking up to my seat in shock that this was our ground.

That season, I paid £99 for my season card. It’s actually cheaper now to attend

I enjoyed watching that.My big memory from that night is being shocked at how many women were at the game....and all dressed up ready for a night on the town. You never got that at Roker!!Football had changed.

I also remember a lad in the pub before the match moaning and giving out that we were sh1t.All we signed that summer was a sub from the mags and a midget from Watford.Reid had to go he said.....Somethings never change!!

Back