First game at the SoL - Man City 1997...

Just stumbled across this highlights show and thought I'd pop it on here. Struggling to get my head around the fact I was only 22 years old back then. Remember it like it was yesterday. Time flies as they say....

yea,remember it like yesterday,was through a few times seeing how the ground was developing,but when i walked in that night it was like wow,is this really ours,it looked amazing,and a 3-1 result made the night just perfect

Just stumbled across this highlights show and thought I'd pop it on here. Struggling to get my head around the fact I was only 22 years old back then. Remember it like it was yesterday. Time flies as they say....
Live on the telly wasnt it?

I took my niece from Ashton Under Lyne with me and my mates and she was only a bairn. She couldnt believe it when she saw the stadium, although TBF I was still in shock that this was our new home. I still sit and marvel at the ground even now. Bob Murray did a great job with it.

It was a great night, fabulous occasion. I just wish we were good enough to have many more of these moments.

Live on the telly wasnt it?

I took my niece from Ashton Under Lyne with me and my mates and she was only a bairn. She couldnt believe it when she saw the stadium, although TBF I was still in shock that this was our new home. I still sit and marvel at the ground even now. Bob Murray did a great job with it.

It was a great night, fabulous occasion. I just wish we were good enough to have many more of these moments.
Haway coming from Ashton she’d have been impressed with Eppleton !
I only say that cos my in laws lived there so I know it.

Was a student back then and was in away end for that game as I was for a number of others including Sheff United. In time Sunderland got under my skin and before long ended up a MLF

Back