Fireman Sam..... err, fired!

Fireman Sam is a bit of a w@nker. There are only 2 gingers in that village him and Norman price, who's dad isn't around. Or is he? Norman's mam must have told Norman that is Sam is his real dad and he is only a little sh!t to try and get Sam's (his dad's) attention.

Then there are his links to the yakaza

Possibly, but hes done it that often he deserves all the shit he gets.

As someone said he does it for attention off his dar. But I dont think it's one of the fireman. I reckon his dar is postman pat, who saw early on what a bellend his son was so fucked off to be a postie elsewhere

Whoooaaaaa. That's mindblowing

Another example of a non-story being turned into a "PC gone mad" attempt to whip up outrage by the tabloids. Nothing's been banned... all that's happened is that one regional fire service (Lincolnshire fire & rescue) has decided - after feedback from staff and residents - to update its promotional material and use new characters to try and encourage more people to join the service. They're using the term "fire fighter" rather than "fireman" in materials to broaden their appeal. Big deal. Fire fighter has been in standard use for several years now.

The number of people working for fire and rescue services in England has decreased by around 22% since 2010, largely due to reduced funding. Any move to try and improve recruitment rates and attract people to careers in this vital sector can only be a good thing, surely. Who the hell cares what mascot is used in the process, and why is The Sun getting so worked up about one fire service in Lincolnshire anyway?

Logon or register to see this image

Another example of a non-story being turned into a "PC gone mad" attempt to whip up outrage by the tabloids. Nothing's been banned... all that's happened is that one regional fire service (Lincolnshire fire & rescue) has decided - after feedback from staff and residents - to update its promotional material and use new characters to try and encourage more people to join the service. They're using the term "fire fighter" rather than "fireman" in materials to broaden their appeal. Big deal. Fire fighter has been in standard use for several years now.

The number of people working for fire and rescue services in England has decreased by around 22% since 2010, largely due to reduced funding. Any move to try and improve recruitment rates and attract people to careers in this vital sector can only be a good thing, surely. Who the hell cares what mascot is used in the process, and why is The Sun getting so worked up about one fire service in Lincolnshire anyway?

Logon or register to see this image

‘After feedback from staff and residents’.

I am willing to bet that this never happened and the more likely story is that someone came up with it to provide evidence of diversity and staff equality for their next promotion bid. Or maybe I am just too cynical of senior officers within the public services.

Back