Fire in Sunderland City centre..

10 years ago you would have had this available 10 minutes away

2x pumps and an ET from the town centre 11 crew

1x pump and an alp from fulwell 7 crew

2x pumps from north moor 9 crew

2x pumps from Washington 9 crew

When this kicked off we would have had the following IMMEDIATELY available

1 pump town centre 4 crew

4 crew from fulwell (now Marley park) either riding 4 on a pump or just 2 on the alp as they don't primary staff specials anymore. If the pump was turned out to the initial incident then the aerial will come from Gateshead or Gosforth depending on availability.

2 pumps north moor 8 crew

1x pump Washington 4 crew.

They're planning further cuts..

The cuts are a total disgrace and a threat to our safety.

Credit to your colleagues though for always giving it your all even in these shit circumstances.

I saw it from the top of Strawberry Bank about 45 minutes ago. You could see the flames. :eek:
Look at me I live off strawberry bank ... pathetic ;)

2 of our lot are fireman and although we rip the piss about playin Xbox n stuff on nightshift the cuts they mention are ridiculous , our city doesn’t have a fit for purpose fire brigade due to these constant cuts ... mind you typical that when there’s s big fire one of them is away Benidorm :lol:

Last edited:
Look at me I live off strawberry bank ... pathetic ;)

2 of our lot are fireman and although we rip the piss about playin Xbox n stuff on nightshift the cuts they mention are ridiculous , our city doesn’t have a fit for purpose fire brigade due to these constant cuts ... mind you typical that when there’s s big fire one of them is away Benidorm :lol:
:lol:I don't.

Back