finding your images online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just been checking a few more of my pictures and I am up to at least 18 of my pics being used on other sites as far as Australia, Italy and there is even a Portuguese site using 2 photos of my own car on it :eek: Big fat watermarks through the middle of any photo's I put on websites from now on. I took a picture of Colin McRae in one of his last rallies before he died and its being used on quite a few sites including Facebook. :evil:

Just been checking a few more of my pictures and I am up to at least 18 of my pics being used on other sites as far as Australia, Italy and there is even a Portuguese site using 2 photos of my own car on it :eek: Big fat watermarks through the middle of any photo's I put on websites from now on. I took a picture of Colin McRae in one of his last rallies before he died and its being used on quite a few sites including Facebook. :evil:

contact facebook. They removed some of mine that people were using as profile pictures, including one that was being used to promote a photography business!

Sorry for bumping this thread but I've just reverse imaged searched a bunch of my pictures, and there's one which is being used by, amongst others, a media marketing company (specifically in a section relating to 'buying media for marketing purposes!!!), a radio station from the Philippines, and record label/organisation supporting the development of upcoming artists.

I've sent them a jolly email telling them that they've nicked my material and that they either have to remove it or pay me. I'm just wondering, what can I do in the likely scenario that they ignore me/tell me to fuck off?

Pretty much fuck all mate

Unless you are Getty

Unless they are in the country where you reside

Icarebecauseyoudo said:
Pretty much fuck all mate

Unless you are Getty

Unless they are in the country where you reside

Yep. This, unfortunately.

Even when it's Getty, the outlook isn't that good. Here's Getty's response chasing one of mine that I have with them

Please be aware that for certain types of usages, such as personal blogs and photo sharing sites, because the content on those types of websites is uploaded by the users of the website, the site hosting the content is protected under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act if they expeditiously remove the infringing content from their servers. If they are located in the United States, we can ask them to remove the images and they must comply or face liability for the infringement. However, they will most likely remove the images quickly upon notification. In these types of cases no license fees are typically remitted.
Nevertheless, we aim to resolve these cases as quickly as possible. Due to their legal nature it can take a considerable amount of time, even in successful cases, for Getty Images to collect payment. In these cases, they will not update me on the process until a license has been negotiated. Because of this, I will not be able to provide you with updates until they let me know an agreement has been reached. This process can sometimes take several months. We kindly request that you bear with us during this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back