Find me a laptop SMB

bowers2

Striker
Right. Not bought one of theses for years. I’ve an old widows 7 thing that I maybe able to get up and running but Mrs needs one for her business. No idea where to start.

About 300 quid
Spec

I3
4gb ram
500 gig memory
32/64 bit
6 usb slots but not too sure that this is essential.

Best price, best place to order but online prefer.

I’m bloody useless at theses things now.

Thanks in advance. .

You won't get a laptop with 6 USB slots - why would you want that many?

Try this:

and if 6 USB ports are essential add this (assuming you want powered USB 3?):

You won't get a laptop with 6 USB slots - why would you want that many?

Try this:

and if 6 USB ports are essential add this (assuming you want powered USB 3?):

Hi mate.
Thanks for your reply and help.
This looks ideal. Are they a good make? Reliable?

The 6 ports is the standard spec for the programme that she needs to run but I think they mean for a desk top and this will be used so she can work from home so things like the till, printer for receipts, mouse ,scanner etc won’t be needed.

Cheers again mate.

The lenovo is 6th gen i3 for £300? Nah. Too much money for not enough kit.

Can you wait till end of November - Black Friday is coming.

Check out eBay, some good deals on there sometimes if your not arsed about used ones. There’s also refurbished and brand new ones.

I think if you shop around you could get a lot better than those specs for 300 quid.

Have a look on dell outlet mate, i only ever buy my laptops from there and they have all been in perfect condition. Use voucher codes on there also, i just tried adding an I5 inspirion for 400 got it down to 345 at checkout.

Right. Not bought one of theses for years. I’ve an old widows 7 thing that I maybe able to get up and running but Mrs needs one for her business. No idea where to start.

About 300 quid
Spec

I3
4gb ram
500 gig memory
32/64 bit
6 usb slots but not too sure that this is essential.

Best price, best place to order but online prefer.

I’m bloody useless at theses things now.

Thanks in advance. .

I bought one of similar spec the other month. I'll check out where I bought it from, it's nice and fast for office etc.
Mine is an ideapad 330S 15 - Midnight Blue.

Cost £280. Some sort of Ryzen thing actually, similar to 7th gen i5 in performance. Came with an SSD so it's nice and fast.

Looks like it's sold out at the price I paid though.

Last edited:
I bought one of similar spec the other month. I'll check out where I bought it from, it's nice and fast for office etc.

Cost £280. Some sort of Ryzen thing actually, similar to 7th gen i5 in performance. Came with an SSD so it's nice and fast.

Ideapad's is what I recommend to just about everyone these days. Lenovo have nailed the "everything is fine here, but nowt is too fancy that you don't need" level of laptop at a decent price.

check Argos for that mate, looked at this last night, but opted for a better spec HP

Buy Lenovo IdeaPad 330s 15.6 Inch i5 8GB 1TB Laptop - Grey | Laptops and netbooks | Argos

8gb
256ssd

Last edited:
Have a look on dell outlet mate, i only ever buy my laptops from there and they have all been in perfect condition. Use voucher codes on there also, i just tried adding an I5 inspirion for 400 got it down to 345 at checkout.

I’ve tried for two days to order from these.
They are the exact fit for SAFC. Absolutley shocking website, can not order anything and the service is really shit.
Thanks for the recommendation though mate. You may have been luckier than me. 🥵

I’ve tried for two days to order from these.
They are the exact fit for SAFC. Absolutley shocking website, can not order anything and the service is really shit.
Thanks for the recommendation though mate. You may have been luckier than me. 🥵

Must have bought about 6 laptops from there over the years and not had many problems other than the delivery is pretty slow. One thing I figured out over the years is they replenish the stock at the same time every weekday, you get the best deals and less problems ordering if you catch it soon after. It used to be about 3:50 pm when I got my current laptop from there 3 years ago, will keep an eye on it tomorrow.

Must have bought about 6 laptops from there over the years and not had many problems other than the delivery is pretty slow. One thing I figured out over the years is they replenish the stock at the same time every weekday, you get the best deals and less problems ordering if you catch it soon after. It used to be about 3:50 pm when I got my current laptop from there 3 years ago, will keep an eye on it tomorrow.

I bought one off amazon mate. The dell outlet wouldn’t let me buy anything.

Looks like the Black Friday deals are starting to come out

This looks cracking - its the perfect "low end laptop" that'll do perfectly for most people. You might want to add a memory card or extrernal HDD for storage, as its only 128Gb, but that's plenty enough for all your apps and OS etc.

£330
  • Hard Drive Storage: 128 Gb
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-8130U
  • RAM Memory: 8 GB
  • Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
  • Screen Type: IPS

Back