Find me a laptop SMB

The bairn wants a laptop for Xmas. Wants to be able to edit his own YouTube videos and play Minecraft. SSD drive probably needed also. I don't really want to spend more than £400 but Minecraft seems to need more than I anticipated. Any recommendations appreciated, Black Friday or otherwise

The bairn wants a laptop for Xmas. Wants to be able to edit his own YouTube videos and play Minecraft. SSD drive probably needed also. I don't really want to spend more than £400 but Minecraft seems to need more than I anticipated. Any recommendations appreciated, Black Friday or otherwise
If it was my money, I'd go with a Ryzen laptop with integrated graphics. They should cope with minecraft pretty well and will be the only thing that you'l get under £400 that will.

Something like this:

You might get a better deal on Black Friday though

If it was my money, I'd go with a Ryzen laptop with integrated graphics. They should cope with minecraft pretty well and will be the only thing that you'l get under £400 that will.

Something like this:

You might get a better deal on Black Friday though

That looks spot on. Might hang on until black Friday but that's a great option, much appreciated

That looks spot on. Might hang on until black Friday but that's a great option, much appreciated
I really like the Lenovo IdeaPad range - been bang on for specs and quality for about 2 years now. Bought my dad one last year - he hasn't f***ing used it yet mind. Still using a total knacker of an AMD X2 Athlon piece of shit desktop :lol:

I really like the Lenovo IdeaPad range - been bang on for specs and quality for about 2 years now. Bought my dad one last year - he hasn't f***ing used it yet mind. Still using a total knacker of an AMD X2 Athlon piece of shit desktop :lol:

Sounds like you know a lot more than I do mate!

Is this one at 3500U worth the extra? Its only £9 once you get the £70 ebay discount if im reading it right.

Not sure whether to just get this as it seems spot on or take me chances at Black Friday. I doubt anything with a better graphics card will come up at this price. Would you know if I could upgrade the graphics card down the line on this?

Right. Not bought one of theses for years. I’ve an old widows 7 thing that I maybe able to get up and running but Mrs needs one for her business. No idea where to start.

About 300 quid
Spec

I3
4gb ram
500 gig memory
32/64 bit
6 usb slots but not too sure that this is essential.

Best price, best place to order but online prefer.

I’m bloody useless at theses things now.

Thanks in advance. .
Spending £300 will only get you something that's already out dated!
Right. Not bought one of theses for years. I’ve an old widows 7 thing that I maybe able to get up and running but Mrs needs one for her business. No idea where to start.

About 300 quid
Spec

I3
4gb ram
500 gig memory
32/64 bit
6 usb slots but not too sure that this is essential.

Best price, best place to order but online prefer.

I’m bloody useless at theses things now.

Thanks in advance. .
£300 is only going to get you something already outdated and slow! I'd spend double that for a ASUS VivoBook S15 with the i5 processor

Sounds like you know a lot more than I do mate!

Is this one at 3500U worth the extra? Its only £9 once you get the £70 ebay discount if im reading it right.

Not sure whether to just get this as it seems spot on or take me chances at Black Friday. I doubt anything with a better graphics card will come up at this price. Would you know if I could upgrade the graphics card down the line on this?
Sorry mate, you didn't post the link to the one you wanted me to look at

Spending £300 will only get you something that's already out dated!

£300 is only going to get you something already outdated and slow! I'd spend double that for a ASUS VivoBook S15 with the i5 processor
Black Friday deals will probably get you a 7th Gen i5, 256Gb SSD, 8Gb RAM and 1080p screen - although one of those items will probably be less (i3, 128 or hdd, 4gb, 720p). For £300, 3 out of those 4 items will get you a perfectly good enough laptop for normal use. No good for gaming, of course.

Sorry mate, you didn't post the link to the one you wanted me to look at

Black Friday deals will probably get you a 7th Gen i5, 256Gb SSD, 8Gb RAM and 1080p screen - although one of those items will probably be less (i3, 128 or hdd, 4gb, 720p). For £300, 3 out of those 4 items will get you a perfectly good enough laptop for normal use. No good for gaming, of course.

That would have helped

@PTR which are the best sites to look at for black friday deals? I'm after a basic laptop, no gaming required, with a budget about £350. The missus might want to install photoshop, so not sure if that will up the spec?

@PTR which are the best sites to look at for black friday deals? I'm after a basic laptop, no gaming required, with a budget about £350. The missus might want to install photoshop, so not sure if that will up the spec?
Someone else mentioned it just above I think, but I tend to only check hotukdeals unless I'm looking for myself tbh

Back