Final Fantasy XVI

Just Devil May Cry with a FF logo and brand slapped on it.

The people who worked on the DMC combat system are involved in FF16 so yeah, pass for me.

Is it only me that thinks it looks very generic? I know it's probably an early build but it's not the level of graphical quality I'd expect of a FF game especially considering it's a next gen title.

Can’t see me buying it, I’ve been wasted too much money on the series. I’ve bought them all apart from the 7 remake but the last one I actually finished was x-2.

The old combat system was dated but I think that was one of the main reasons I liked it

Looks wank, I'm an FF fan boy but they've been shite for years.

FF7-remake was underwhelming at best.
Have absolutely no faith in Square any more. Bar Nier, pretty much everything they've done in the past few years has been bad verging on atrocious.

Because of how successful 14 has become since it’s reboot they don’t need another game, coincidentally every FF after 13 has been half arsed efforts with a FF logo slapped on it.

As I said on the other thread I didn't enjoy the combat system. very nice looking but a tad boring..I mean the windows edition on steam. Is it FF14/15?

It's roman numerals which I don't understand. "It's all blips and blobs to me" as Uncle Albert would say.

As I said on the other thread I didn't enjoy the combat system. very nice looking but a tad boring..I mean the windows edition on steam. Is it FF14/15?

It's roman numerals which I don't understand. "It's all blips and blobs to me" as Uncle Albert would say.
XV it will be mate. I didn't mind it but the storyline didn't grab me.
Because of how successful 14 has become since it’s reboot they don’t need another game, coincidentally every FF after 13 has been half arsed efforts with a FF logo slapped on it.
I've never bother with 14 or the other online one (11?).

Last edited:

This one's also got Yoshida behind it like the 14 reboot does - looks very very 14-esque in places in the trailer.

This one's also got Yoshida behind it like the 14 reboot does - looks very very 14-esque in places in the trailer.

It probably won't stay that way, the 14 fanbase is a very small but loyal fanbase simply based on how interactive and frequent Yoshida and Co are with the game but it reflects how much of a side-project 16 is compared to 14.

Back