Final Fantasy 8 remaster

Aye I was reading about the RNG and that - I basically save it and piss about, then try t get the rule change I want. Usually manage it after a few goes.

Level 67! :eek:
mainly come from fighting Adamantoises for Adamantine, was having a shocking drop rate so got up 22 levels just trying to get about 40 of them.

Looks like the laziest "remaster" ever watching some of the videos. I never played the original so I'm assuming people are buying if for nostalgic reasons

Looks like the laziest "remaster" ever watching some of the videos. I never played the original so I'm assuming people are buying if for nostalgic reasons
its only remastered in the sense they upgraded the main character models because frankly after 20 years the original 3D models looked hideous so if they released it untouched the same people complaining its a shit remaster would be griping it looked like a bin fire.

the backgrounds still look wank and theres some minor graphical issues i've encountered but looks much better than FF7's re-release on digital stores did, which 23 years on and it still looks like it's made out of a broken duplo set, but it's Final Fantasy 7 so they could release it with the words 'suck my dick, shit eating virgin' when you load it up and it would be voted as having the best title screen ever, despite it being a pretty average game anyway.
None of the FF games from that era hold up particularly well anyway.

But aye, nostalgia for me, that said i would have bought it anyway because it's my favourite of the series and because it looks wrong having every single PlayStation1/2 era final fantasy game on my harddrive and 8 being missing.

Gearing up to go back to Galbadia Garden and smash Edea arl owa.

Managed to get 100 Ultima’s from Shumi Village so that will help!

Gearing up to go back to Galbadia Garden and smash Edea arl owa.

Managed to get 100 Ultima’s from Shumi Village so that will help!
I'm in Esthar. Level 50 ish with Squall, a couple of characters are in the low 20s still.

Done centra ruins, it was a twat getting Tonberry king.

Managed to get the Selphie card first time without getting rid of random, blind luck - I was going to load the save after losing.

I'm in Esthar. Level 50 ish with Squall, a couple of characters are in the low 20s still.

Done centra ruins, it was a twat getting Tonberry king.

Managed to get the Selphie card first time without getting rid of random, blind luck - I was going to load the save after losing.

I got shot of all that shite during the first visit to Galbadia Garden- there’s a Trabia student you can exploit in the locker room (sounds noncey as owt that).

Just might be worth a mention - they've got a lot of the FFs reduced on the apple app store for the ipad/phone ports at the moment.

Just up to the first visit to Lunatic Pandora - got Doomtrain as well which I don’t think I’ve bothered to do before.
Think I'll get him after I have Ragnarok.
Might get VIII just so I can have a go at Min-Maxing and see first hand how broken it actually was :p
Get the game, break it, don't bother Min-Maxing though, you can get over powered as fuck without the effort.

Think I'll get him after I have Ragnarok.

Get the game, break it, don't bother Min-Maxing though, you can get over powered as fuck without the effort.

Just won the Alexander Card and Laguna on the space ship - what a fuck on. All rules in play - managed to abolish Random but you think you’re cruising and then plus combo dogshit shafts ya! Was the same trying to get the Edea card off her.

Aye, i've played it before, just want to see how much i can break it :)
If you power level and play 50+ hours of cards between getting Ifrit and going to Dollet you can solo the game with Squall.

It's also doable with no levelling/no junctioning but fuck that.
Just won the Alexander Card and Laguna on the space ship - what a fuck on. All rules in play - managed to abolish Random but you think you’re cruising and then plus combo dogshit shafts ya! Was the same trying to get the Edea card off her.
Just did it.

Took me 3 bottles of Maxim, a full set of vape batteries, and a large piece of self respect

Last edited:
If you power level and play 50+ hours of cards between getting Ifrit and going to Dollet you can solo the game with Squall.

It's also doable with no levelling/no junctioning but fuck that.

Just did it.

Took me 3 bottles of Maxim, a full set of vape batteries, and a large piece of self respect
Fuck that; i'd rather spend the time abolishing all of the rules everywhere :p

Back