Final Fantasy 8 remaster

For someone who's never played any final fantasy game ever and isn't generally a fan of Japanese stuff are any of these worth giving a try?

For someone who's never played any final fantasy game ever and isn't generally a fan of Japanese stuff are any of these worth giving a try?
Play 9 if you aren't bothered about dated graphics. Worst that can happen is you waste 15 quid or so.

I will get this. It's my least favourite if the PS One games but I have love playing 7 and 9 again recently and I am currently on with 10 again and enjoying it.

Downloading now on PS4 - Triple Triad :cool:

Kind, them like.
Was expecting a level 1 completion, and a level 99 completion, own all cards etc. Couldn't be arsed with that.
This just popped up on my feed for you filthy, filthy, cheats.

Last edited:
Long while since I've played, from what I remember Squall's level needs to be above the SeeD rank. Buggered if you are doing a low level run.

Aye, sure that’s right - I rarely do a mega low level one as end up farming GF abilities early doors. Mind, you can breeze the game with only a couple hours of grind.

Is the speed up battles thing in this? Be f***ing flying if it is - managed to blow up that robot spider thing on my last play through for the first time ever.

Aye, sure that’s right - I rarely do a mega low level one as end up farming GF abilities early doors. Mind, you can breeze the game with only a couple hours of grind.

Is the speed up battles thing in this? Be f***ing flying if it is - managed to blow up that robot spider thing on my last play through for the first time ever.
Aye. Console version has x3 speed, no encounters, and god mode (if you're a pussy).

I'll hammer x3 for drawing and carding. Just card everything - you get AP for you GFs but no exp. ;)

Aye. Console version has x3 speed, no encounters, and god mode (if you're a pussy).

I'll hammer x3 for drawing and carding. Just card everything - you get AP for you GFs but no exp. ;)

Been playing for two hours and not even gone to Dollet. Got some swish cards though and junctioned Tornado to Squall’s strength - going to be whopping all comers.

It's worth f***ing around balamb for a bit from what I remember.

Still at work. :(

Aye, I pissed about learning some GF abilities on the beach as you get 6AP off the fish and then played cards in the Garden. Got the Quistis card and the Minimog card, as well as plenty high level stuff.

Poor lad, working from home so sloped off a little early after it had installed :lol:

Back