Final Fantasy 8 remaster

Aye, I pissed about learning some GF abilities on the beach as you get 6AP off the fish and then played cards in the Garden. Got the Quistis card and the Minimog card, as well as plenty high level stuff.
Vaguely remember water being a decent spell to junction early on, can I shite remember how t get it (was either refining an item or a cart) it'll come to me.

Poor lad, working from home so sloped off a little early after it had installed :lol:

Got something on 5:30-6:30 :rolleyes:

Favourite ff game, pre ordered it and looking forward to going through it all again. The music is topper aswell, one of my favourite game sound tracks ever.

Loved 8 me.

Remember I was more obsessed with triple triad than finishing the game. How early in the game can you get into the garden training area? I seem to remember that you could card the TRex in there and piss the early card battles with a few of them.

Loved 8 me.

Remember I was more obsessed with triple triad than finishing the game. How early in the game can you get into the garden training area? I seem to remember that you could card the TRex in there and piss the early card battles with a few of them.

Too much graft for me that like - get the Ifrit card after beating him and get the Quistis card off them who follow her about. Always play the Jack Ross method of trying not to lose until I have belting cards.

Looked absolutely awful when I seen it at Gamescom. Upgraded character models over the same backgrounds, yikes.

You proper rip your cock off over trophies :lol:
Its been given hideous reviews on steam.
I really don't, I have maybe half a dozen plats. They can give me a bit of motivation to pick up a rerelease of something I've enjoyed previously though.

I can understand the negative steam reviews, the PC port has been on there for years. Its not like the console version that's been unavailable.
Looked absolutely awful when I seen it at Gamescom. Upgraded character models over the same backgrounds, yikes.
Yup, fine with that tbh.

Would have bought it without new models.

Surprisingly good 9 - didn’t like it when I was younger but smashed the remaster.

Just dinnit talk to iz about Ozma, the f***ing spherical twat.
I tried it twice and cant remember anything about it other than I think the plot is basically following some Sephiroth clone all over the place. Both times I couldnt get through some haunted house where there were a bunch of monsters that cast a fuck tonne of status spells and ended up giving up. Heard a few people say its their favourite though. I'm missing something!

I really don't, I have maybe half a dozen plats. They can give me a bit of motivation to pick up a rerelease of something I've enjoyed previously though.

I can understand the negative steam reviews, the PC port has been on there for years. Its not like the console version that's been unavailable.

Yup, fine with that tbh.

Would have bought it without new models.

I think that would have looked better as the upgraded models stand out more from the backgrounds if you get what I mean.

I think that would have looked better as the upgraded models stand out more from the backgrounds if you get what I mean.
I get where you're coming from, I don't think it would though. It was fine on the 14inch CRT I had in my teenage bedroom, it's probably wouldn't be on my 50 inch 4k today though.

New models are an improvement, the backgrounds are a bit blury. Shame they weren't redone but at £16 I'm not complaining tbh.

Anyone else pretty much only playing a x3 speed?

I get where you're coming from, I don't think it would though. It was fine on the 14inch CRT I had in my teenage bedroom, it's probably wouldn't be on my 50 inch 4k today though.

New models are an improvement, the backgrounds are a bit blury. Shame they weren't redone but at £16 I'm not complaining tbh.

Anyone else pretty much only playing a x3 speed?

Never got through that Training Centre slog as quick in my life - that cack patter with Quistis was over in the blink of an eye.

My GF grinding that would have taken an hour is down to 20 mins - much better!

Models are nice but it really sticks out like a sore thumb on some backgrounds. The fact it is available on console is worth it plus the original music unlike the hideous PC port.
You proper rip your cock off over trophies :lol:
Its been given hideous reviews on steam.

PC port on Steam is a different to this one iirc.
I tried it twice and cant remember anything about it other than I think the plot is basically following some Sephiroth clone all over the place. Both times I couldnt get through some haunted house where there were a bunch of monsters that cast a fuck tonne of status spells and ended up giving up. Heard a few people say its their favourite though. I'm missing something!

Sephiroth clones? FF7 surely?

Last edited:
Never got through that Training Centre slog as quick in my life - that cack patter with Quistis was over in the blink of an eye.

My GF grinding that would have taken an hour is down to 20 mins - much better!

Models are nice but it really sticks out like a sore thumb on some backgrounds. The fact it is available on console is worth it plus the original music unlike the hideous PC port.

PC port on Steam is a different to this one iirc.

Sephiroth clones? FF7 surely?
Nah I mean the main bad guy in ff9 was similar to sephiroth (in my memory anyway) but can see how I caused that confusion lol!

Back