Films which should have a sequel but never will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

.... Russel Crowe they left Robin Hood wide open for a sequel too but I don't think the first one was rated high enough or made enough money.
I really liked the idea of it being a mystery where Robin and his Merry Men and the Sheriff of Nottingham was the hero, was gutted with the final result tbh.

Close Encounters. I always wondered what happened to Roy when the mothership took him away. Anal probing, I expect.
Be a bit awkward as fuck if they made it about him coming home.... "Missed you kids"

Last edited:
Bladerunner and Top Gun are in the works man you dribbler.

The Italian Job. Sequel was planned but the marketing in USA backfired so the idea was scrapped and Caine went to Hollywood and on to bigger and better things so the moment was lost within a year or two.

Most sequels are a poor reflection of the original. I'm sick to death of the cinema being packed with sequels, remakes and retreads of old TV shows etc. there's barely an original idea left in Hollywood.

There are only so many ideas in the universe you know!! I reckon every single tune or melody/riff you hear can be found in a previous guise if you care to look hard enough.

Withnail and II

Clever!!!!

There are only so many ideas in the universe you know!! I reckon every single tune or melody/riff you hear can be found in a previous guise if you care to look hard enough.

Clever!!!!
Aye but just like with music, it's possible to explore something a bit different or else just keep rinsing and repeating the same old shite. Most of the fillums I like best are something a bit different, not so formulaic. Something like say Michael Clayton. I'd be hard pushed to think of an obvious film that influenced that.

The Godfather part 3 should be remade with the robert duvall character.

Good call, as long as they got a pre-Scarface Pacino to play Michael, so he's portrayed as the cold hearted, calculating, ruthless bastard he was in 1 and 2, and not some gurning, gesticulating, scenery-chewing shouty ham.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back