Films that make/made you cry...

I have never cried at a film because I am a gadgy.

The boy in striped pyjamas made me feel a bit different though, that might be what the raging fannies call emotion, I’m not sure.
You haven’t seen the champ

Going back a few years, a lass I was seeing at the time, used to cry her eyes out, even at the least upsetting scenes in films.
Sitting in the pictures and she sobbing during the opening five minutes of Saving Private Ryan, and she sobbed during the Shawshank Redemption.
Even when we went to see a show, she was sobbing during Miss Saigon.
Some people are obviously more sensitive than others, though she could have been crying because she was with me :lol: :lol:
Was probably your craic

Last edited:
Anything involving dogs dying
Toy Story 3, especially as it's probably a TV fixture on Christmas day now and I really can't watch it with 4-5 drinks in me

The end of Field of Dreams when he meets his dead dad kills me every time.
Always felt a football version would be mint, but would probably have to be Man Utd based (Busby babes).

Up, as already said the first 10 mins wrecks me, Coco too, both have content that’s a bit too close to home i think.

On the theme of animals, A Dogs Purpose.

Last edited:
Schindler’s List

Mary Poppins Returns.

Opposite reasons. (Which isn’t the title of a film that made me cry)

The Green Mile
Inside Out
Schindler's List
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Lost for Words (a TV movie from years ago with Thora Hird as a dementia sufferer)

And countless others...I've gone dead soft these last few years. Before that I only cried at funerals, but now it doesn't take much to set me off. The worst is seeing other people cry. I was at my sister's leavers' assembly yesterday morning and I'm amazed I didn't cry after seeing the bairns bawling on stage.
Bing Bong?

watched The Green Mile about 3 times and was not really bothered by it, but once I read the book and watched it not long after bawled like a baby

Not many, but the bit in Erin Brockovitch where she takes her biker boyfriend/babysitter to show him some of the people for whom she's been working is quite moving.

I must be more susceptible to real life stories. Last week's BBC feature about the separation of conjoined twins at times had me in bits.

Back