Film castings that never were.....

T

The Exile

I'm just reading that Sean Connery was offered and turned down....wait for it.....both the role of Gandalf in The Lord Of The Rings trilogy, and Morpheus in The Matrix. Imagine Connery as Morpheus man!

Any other good examples of poor decisions?

I'm just reading that Sean Connery was offered and turned down....wait for it.....both the role of Gandalf in The Lord Of The Rings trilogy, and Morpheus in The Matrix. Imagine Connery as Morpheus man!

He turned down the gamekeeper role in skyfall as well didn't he?

Oh and Tom Selleck passed on Indiana Jones I believe

Eric Stoltz was originally cast as Marty McFly in Back To The Future (they'd wanted MJF first but couldn't cast him because MJF was busy making Family Ties).

I believe at least one of his scenes actually made it into the movie - punching Biff and possibly also one shot of him driving the Delorean around the car park being chased by the Libyans.

It was decided he wasn't right after 4 or 5 weeks of shooting and he was replaced by MJF, who managed to shoot FT in the daytime and BTTF on evenings and weekends.

Burt Reynolds turned down a role in Terms of Endearment that had been more or less written for him, to do a shitey remake of a French sex comedy that flopped all over the gaff. Jack Nicholson took the role, won an Oscar and never looked back

Made an even poorer decision by the fact they offered him x% of all the profits from the whole franchise!

Back