film camera's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they don't
Either I'm being whooshed or I didn't make myself clear. :confused:

Obviously the scenes/fashions/people change over time as illustrated by yourself. But Notspavin seemed to say the camera would produce different images - this didn't make sense to me, hence my question.

Last edited:

Either I'm being whooshed or I didn't make myself clear. :confused:

Obviously the scenes/fashions/people change over time as illustrated by yourself. But Notspavin seemed to say the camera would produce different images - this didn't make sense to me, hence my question.
Depends what you mean by different? Images with a different look, definitely. Old lenses are constructed very differently, uncoated and produce images that can look very different:

Logon or register to see this image

An extreme example but that's before you get onto different film emulsions and early photographic techniques - Daguerrotypes, tintypes, ambrotypes etc. But maybe this isn't what you mean? :)

Depends what you mean by different? Images with a different look, definitely. Old lenses are constructed very differently, uncoated and produce images that can look very different:

An extreme example but that's before you get onto different film emulsions and early photographic techniques - Daguerrotypes, tintypes, ambrotypes etc. But maybe this isn't what you mean? :)
I didn't know this, and now NotSpavin's comment makes sense.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back