Fifa 23

Just had a quick game, shooting is way harder and they have slowed the game right down, career mode looks exactly the same as the last 15 years…

Few questions…

How do you hold the defender off as you’re running after the ball?

How do you power shot?

How do you pressure with a defender and make the tackle?

Last year the best way to hold of a defender while running was to come off the sprint as you get to the ball. However, doesn’t seem to work as well this time. LT/L2 is the button for hold up and can help but it brings you to a stop/slow pace.

Power shot is LB/L1 and RB/R1 held together while shooting. Make sure you have plenty space as it takes considerably longer for the shooting animation.

Pressure I think can be applied with A on Xbox, but I never use it. RB/R1 is second man pressure and is useful. With the player you control best bet is to use jockey button (LT/L2) and close down the opponent manually, trying to block passes that would be on while you close down. You can combo LT/L2 with Rt/R2 for a faster jockey but harder to control accurately.

Last year the best way to hold of a defender while running was to come off the sprint as you get to the ball. However, doesn’t seem to work as well this time. LT/L2 is the button for hold up and can help but it brings you to a stop/slow pace.

Power shot is LB/L1 and RB/R1 held together while shooting. Make sure you have plenty space as it takes considerably longer for the shooting animation.

Pressure I think can be applied with A on Xbox, but I never use it. RB/R1 is second man pressure and is useful. With the player you control best bet is to use jockey button (LT/L2) and close down the opponent manually, trying to block passes that would be on while you close down. You can combo LT/L2 with Rt/R2 for a faster jockey but harder to control accurately.
Cheers!

Here, can you still game share or not? So my mate buys the game from the xbox store on his acct, I then log into his account on my xbox and download the game? Can you still do that?

Don't know how but pretty sure you can turn off the zoom animation in the settings somewhere.
Aye I meant whether the animation was something that could be turned off.

Just makes it look a bit naff imo if it keeps slowing down every time you try it.

Edit: Aye, you can turn the camera zoom off in settings.

Last edited:
Do you have to pre order it to get the 4600 points like? Or can I just buy it on Friday and get the points ?
You have to order it before the 30th I think.
Upto Div 6 already, not a bad game once you get used to it. Saying that they will ruin it as usual with the first update.

Last edited:

Back