Fifa 23

Anyone able to select Sunderland as their preferred team on BETA?

I can only play as PSG against Liverpool or Southampton against Portsmouth! Never had the BETA before so no idea how it works.

It doesn’t go fully live until 6pm
Think the Beta usually only has a limited number of teams to play as.

Nah you can play as everyone though the transfers and stats aren’t usually updated.

Chemistry/position changes should make teams a bit more varied and interesting.
My beta is knackered atm, only letting me play Volta when I was supposed to have a few modes available, seems it's happening to a canny few people. Messed about on the quick match, quite like the new power shots. When you score from outside the box with one you get a pretty cool slo mo style replay of it, looks really good. Set pieces are different now will take some time to get used to them.

Last edited:
I only play career mode. It’s basically the same now as it was on FIFA 14 with a few gimmicks thrown in that are just annoying such as press conferences.

Would also help if they sorted the difficulty levels out. Ultimate and legendary are unplayable and I even get the odd dicking on world class these days. 3 or 4 years back I’d find ultimate too easy.

I find legendary on career mode too inconsistent. I can twat Liverpool at Anfield 4-0 then lose against struggling Watford the next game and they play like Guardiola's Barca. Ultimate is the same difficulty except that you'll hit the woodwork normally instead of scoring.

One feature I'd love EA to introduce is legacy stadiums. So bringing the likes of Roker Park (90s Era) back and allowing you to use them in career mode. There's so many extinct grounds they could use like Highbury, Maine Road etc

I find legendary on career mode too inconsistent. I can twat Liverpool at Anfield 4-0 then lose against struggling Watford the next game and they play like Guardiola's Barca. Ultimate is the same difficulty except that you'll hit the woodwork normally instead of scoring.

One feature I'd love EA to introduce is legacy stadiums. So bringing the likes of Roker Park (90s Era) back and allowing you to use them in career mode. There's so many extinct grounds they could use like Highbury, Maine Road etc
That would be a really good addition.

I'd like the ability to change the "non-real faced" players hair and facial hair etc. Given they're not properly scanned players I see no reason why this shouldn't be an option.

Can’t get me head round this new chemistry system

I can see them doing that in ultimate team, no chance they’d do it unless people had to put money on to get virtual currency for it sadly. Money grabbers.

Last edited:
please tell me they are reverting UT Division rivals back the the way it was with relegations and that, im sick of being stuck in a division and getting beat every game

So far, 15 games in on career mode, there's a daft amount of goals right before half time. Which seems to coincide with a new few lines on commentary about playing to the whistle.

Has anybody got any links on purchasing the Standard Xbox Series X edition? Just want the basic one, with no Ultimate Team perks? Is £70 the going rate for this?

The pace of top players nerfed into the ground. So another year of ridiculous promos, I’m glad fm is out this year it’ll save me a fortune

The pace of top players nerfed into the ground. So another year of ridiculous promos, I’m glad fm is out this year it’ll save me a fortune
How so? Think they're gunna lean into the World Cup pretty hard but tbh don't see anything wrong with the base ratings

Pretty generous with the OTW cards this year.....power shots are fun but will undoubtedly end up becoming OP and meta....think we'll benefit from CR7 and Messi being underpowered this year, brings the power level down from day one

Last edited:
How so? Think they're gunna lean into the World Cup pretty hard but tbh don't see anything wrong with the base ratings

Pretty generous with the OTW cards this year.....power shots are fun but will undoubtedly end up becoming OP and meta....think we'll benefit from CR7 and Messi being underpowered this year, brings the power level down from day one
Just think giving players like kimmich and Kante around 70 pace is a joke. Just makes them fodder and Nout more. Same with ronaldo, messi can play cam so you’ll have use out of him. Just think it sets up for loads of promos.
Has anybody got any links on purchasing the Standard Xbox Series X edition? Just want the basic one, with no Ultimate Team perks? Is £70 the going rate for this?
Basic one is 55 on very mate

Last edited:
Just think giving players like kimmich and Kante around 70 pace is a joke. Just makes them fodder and Nout more. Same with ronaldo, messi can play cam so you’ll have use out of him. Just think it sets up for loads of promos.
Honestly think it's the other way.....with the secondary positions and new chemistry system you're gunna see new teams and players where you might not think......don't want to be a hater but pace is for noobs.....first player I'm going for to build a team around is Benzema 🥰

Honestly think it's the other way.....with the secondary positions and new chemistry system you're gunna see new teams and players where you might not think......don't want to be a hater but pace is for noobs.....first player I'm going for to build a team around is Benzema 🥰
Mate I genuinely hope you’re right. Just think ea are absolute scammers and will squeeze what they can out of micro transactions. Not last fifa but the one before I pumped about £500 on due to lockdown haha

Mate I genuinely hope you’re right. Just think ea are absolute scammers and will squeeze what they can out of micro transactions. Not last fifa but the one before I pumped about £500 on due to lockdown haha
They have to go big ....it's their last year with the FIFA licensing ....I think we're gunna see a good time tbh.....most of their changes so far seem positive, if the gameplay matches then we're good.....don't know if you played the beta but I'd recommend learning power shots as quick as you can
Let's get some hype lads.....TOTW1/Web App in Wednesday, phone app on Thursday.... Ultimate edition + EA 10 hour access Tuesday 27th....full release with OTW Team 1 September 30th

Last edited:

Back