FIFA 21

I still can't complete an online game on Ultimate Team. Over 30 games in a row now, disconnections in every game, at random times, whether I'm winning or losing. My win/draw/loss record doesn't change. I get coins for the match, but a game gets eaten in rivals. Works fine offline. Playing online outside of Ultimate Team works perfectly. I'm not the only one having this issue, there's a massive thread on the EA Forums, but EA naturally aren't acknowledging there's an issue. It's frustrating as I've got 2 really good teams on Ultimate Team, but can't play against anyone real.

Been playing quite a bit of career mode lately as a result, as playing offline on Ultimate Team is boring. Doing well in the league with Sunderland.

I still can't complete an online game on Ultimate Team. Over 30 games in a row now, disconnections in every game, at random times, whether I'm winning or losing. My win/draw/loss record doesn't change. I get coins for the match, but a game gets eaten in rivals. Works fine offline. Playing online outside of Ultimate Team works perfectly. I'm not the only one having this issue, there's a massive thread on the EA Forums, but EA naturally aren't acknowledging there's an issue. It's frustrating as I've got 2 really good teams on Ultimate Team, but can't play against anyone real.

Been playing quite a bit of career mode lately as a result, as playing offline on Ultimate Team is boring. Doing well in the league with Sunderland.

Sounds like a no loss glitch to me

I've got him and Varane, and Varane is loads better. VVD isn't bad, but he is a bit slow even with a shadow.
That’s it really, he seems class about 30 yards from goal, but if he’s on the halfway line I know he’s going to struggle.

Has anyone used Mahrez yet? I’m playing 4231 and passing it around a lot, he kept popping up with loads of goals. Not bad for the price imo

Last edited:
What's that?

If the oppo is losing, they can do a glitch that forces your connection to the game off meaning they don’t lose and the game doesn’t count for them. Been rife for years

Nepenthez put something on Twitter last year about how a lad used it to get Top 20 (or something) in fut champs.

The glitcher had matched up with the same lad twice and glitched both times. He beat the same lad to top 20 as a result

If the oppo is losing, they can do a glitch that forces your connection to the game off meaning they don’t lose and the game doesn’t count for them. Been rife for years

Nepenthez put something on Twitter last year about how a lad used it to get Top 20 (or something) in fut champs.

The glitcher had matched up with the same lad twice and glitched both times. He beat the same lad to top 20 as a result

But it's happened 30 odd games in a row, and has even happened when I'm getting smashed 4-0.

If it's happened 30 games in a row, then there's something wrong with your internet.

There's categorically nothing wrong with my internet. I've done packet loss tests, ping tests, traces, speed tests, everything comes back great. Like I say, it's happening to hundreds of others on the EA Forums, and only happens in Ultimate Team. No issues on ANY other game, or even any other online game modes with Fifa. It's an EA/Ultimate Team issue which they seemingly aren't fixing.

Also worth noting, I've been back and played online games in Ultimate Team on Fifa 20 and it works fine.

If I'd actually bought the game, I'd probably be asking for a refund. It's a shame as it was fine when the game first came out, I played for placement matches and they were all fine.

Last edited:
There's categorically nothing wrong with my internet. I've done packet loss tests, ping tests, traces, speed tests, everything comes back great. Like I say, it's happening to hundreds of others on the EA Forums, and only happens in Ultimate Team. No issues on ANY other game, or even any other online game modes with Fifa. It's an EA/Ultimate Team issue which they seemingly aren't fixing.

Also worth noting, I've been back and played online games in Ultimate Team on Fifa 20 and it works fine.

If I'd actually bought the game, I'd probably be asking for a refund. It's a shame as it was fine when the game first came out, I played for placement matches and they were all fine.
When I was wireless I wasn’t disconnecting but I was having awful lag spikes even though my speeds were over 50mb, I switched to a wired connection and it’s fine now. Maybe that’ll help, if not then I’ve no idea what it is
Since this patch I have went from 1700 skill rating to 1400
I’ve gone up but then again I started off so badly that the only way was up, I’ve gone from 680 to 1187

Williams is ok, kind of wish I didn't do him like. Update has killed him. They have nurfed pace and running fake shot too.

He is decent just expected a little more. Maybe be ultimate super sub

My new joypad came today so I gave it a quick go on my “lunch break”

my other one must have been goosed as this is so much more responsive, even using the dpad in the menus used to be a pain but I thought it was just lag or something

When I was wireless I wasn’t disconnecting but I was having awful lag spikes even though my speeds were over 50mb, I switched to a wired connection and it’s fine now. Maybe that’ll help, if not then I’ve no idea what it is

I’ve gone up but then again I started off so badly that the only way was up, I’ve gone from 680 to 1187

Already am wired with a 400mbps connection unfortunately.

My new joypad came today so I gave it a quick go on my “lunch break”

my other one must have been goosed as this is so much more responsive, even using the dpad in the menus used to be a pain but I thought it was just lag or something

What you got?

Also, anyone using POTM DCL? Just notice his physical rating is probably highest in prem so thinking about doing him with hunter card maybe.

Back