FIFA 21

The annoying thing is, every time I play a game and I'm winning, the game disconnects and I'm neither awarded a win, or a loss. Of the 30 games I've completed so far, only my placement games and games against the computer have actually finished. Every other time I've tried playing a game against a real person, disconnects mid game, even when I'm winning. It's broken.
@Philcore will have a stroke here, but I’ve played nearly 90 games on UT and 50 on Seasons and not had 1 disconnect.

3 games , 3 wins.
Griezmann 5 goals and 4 assists.
Benzema and suarez hat tricks too. Finally found a CAM foil for them.

Weird. Never had a disconnect yet apart from opponent rage quit

I've played nearly 100 games and haven't had a single disconnect in Rivals or Squad Battles.

Are you playing wifi or hardwired?

@Philcore will have a stroke here, but I’ve played nearly 90 games on UT and 50 on Seasons and not had 1 disconnect.

Wired. On PC. 400mbps down, 50mbps up. No other issues across my network. There's a thread on the EA forums where there's other people complaining of the same thing. I'm just glad I got the game for free.

Just looked at me club and realised I packed IF SMS last night while doing an sbc pissed :lol:

His in game stats with a Shadow are better than base Gullit!
Might give him a go from the bench

Wired. On PC. 400mbps down, 50mbps up. No other issues across my network. There's a thread on the EA forums where there's other people complaining of the same thing. I'm just glad I got the game for free.
Ignore the idiot. Everyone knows you get disconnects on fifa. Imagine playing that amount of games in a week... Someone needs a life.
Must be a PC thing then.
It's console too. I've had a couple of disconnects where it's gone down as not counted.

Last edited:
Got to 14 wins, happy with that. Just packed de Bruyne and totw Eriksen from that pack for scoring 100 finesse goals though haha.

De Bruyne is my favourite player on the game that I've used so far. He's incredible.
Ignore the idiot. Everyone knows you get disconnects on fifa. Imagine playing that amount of games in a week... Someone needs a life.

It's console too. I've had a couple of disconnects where it's gone down as not counted.

:lol:

Any tips for defending? Im conceeding 4 and 5 goals! I cant stop people I either stand off... or dive in.

Yet when I attack people seem to just push me off the ball with the simplest of touches.

Some people can't play this game without pace like. Just played someone in rivals, they set up 442, Adama & another 93 paced wingers up front. 2 90+ pace on wings, and 2 90+ paced fullbacks at CB!!! :eek: :lol: entire gamelan was long hard press on through ball.

Oh how I laughed when they rage quit after I went 4-2 up after being 2 nowt down to their only shots:lol:

Any tips for defending? Im conceeding 4 and 5 goals! I cant stop people I either stand off... or dive in.

Yet when I attack people seem to just push me off the ball with the simplest of touches.

Flick back a few pages on here and there’s a good post by some guy who talks about using your CDM only basically. I was having an awful time and then followed this and I’ve won 9 on the spin now with 6 clean sheets. Came on here to say thanks - so shout out to that guy.

Basically, use your CDM to manually intercept passes in channels, shift to CB only when Through balling and bring your fullbacks in tight. Oh and you don’t need to be as close to players as you think, as you can lunge a lot further than other FIFA’s, so stand off a lot more than normal. Took me ages to get used to but I’m now starting to win games consistently and not be troubled at the back.

I notice they've got rid of the thing where if you score 3+ o.g's you forfeit.
I can see why cos its shit if you legitimately do (but unlikely) but its infuriating as you now have to play out full 90mins of someone who's took the huff but refuses to rage quit.
Just had someone there huffy cos I went 4 - 1 up after 50mins and they scored 5 own goals then passed it round at the back for the rest of the game!

Last edited:
Flick back a few pages on here and there’s a good post by some guy who talks about using your CDM only basically. I was having an awful time and then followed this and I’ve won 9 on the spin now with 6 clean sheets. Came on here to say thanks - so shout out to that guy.

Basically, use your CDM to manually intercept passes in channels, shift to CB only when Through balling and bring your fullbacks in tight. Oh and you don’t need to be as close to players as you think, as you can lunge a lot further than other FIFA’s, so stand off a lot more than normal. Took me ages to get used to but I’m now starting to win games consistently and not be troubled at the back.

When you say bring full backs in, do you mean via formation before the game?

I just seem to get passed around

When you say bring full backs in, do you mean via formation before the game?

I just seem to get passed around

I used two custom tactics depending on the opposition. In both I brought my fullbacks as narrow as possible, as most goals are scored in that fullback to centre back channel. I found a DM helped a lot, so I went the 433 with DM, CM, CM, LW, RW, ST, but doesn’t really matter if you go 41212 or whatever else.

If you play against someone with a narrow set of three strikers, like 41212, 4312, 4321, etc., then drop your DM into central defence using the custom tactic instruction and get your fullbacks on balanced. If you are against a wider formation like the 433 I play, then set your DM to intercept passing lanes and have your fullbacks staying back at all times.

Make sure your defensive midfielder has a proper defensive mindset. Someone like torriera for instance just charges around like a bulldog and is pointless. I have used Fred and that Austrian for Leipzig that I can’t remember the name of and they work really well in there.

What I also found helps is I use my fullbacks to cover a lot more of the inside. By that I mean I follow men inside a lot when they dribble with my fullbacks and use them to sweep in behind the defence as well. Especially on the first phase of the counter. And you’ve got to stop the ball making it to your box. If someone gets controlled possession in your box it’s very hard to deal with. Which is where your DM comes into it. I try to make my FBs into auxiliary DMs when the oppo isn’t playing too wide, which helps as well.

I’m not the best at explaining so ill try and find the guys post on here that helped me a lot

Back