FIFA 21

If anyone needs a decent striker for cheap I’d massively recommend Ciro Immobile. The lad just doesn’t miss. Decent pace and strength too. Got him for 15k with a Hunter. Him and Martinez are knocking them in for fun. In two minds to get Mertens or not. I’ve never been able to get away with him on previous FIFAs. Same with Dybala.
Can anyone recommend a formation or tactic that will make sure my players get in the box!?!?

I’ve got two CDMs which I’m happy with but then 3 CAMs and a ST but the left and right CAMs drift far too wide. I essentially want a front 3 bombing on supported by the middle CAM and can’t seem to get this to happen, got width dialled right down too.
Mate. 5-2-1-2 is the future. It sounds defensive but it really isn’t if you play a line of 5 depth or more. Currently pushing for promotion to division 2 using it. I was division 6 fodder by the end of fifa 20 using the 4-2-3-1. I have an awful habit of pressing the attacker with one of my CBs. This formation let’s me do that and actually helps because the only ball forward the opponent can play at that point is diagonal, the channels to which my 2 spare CBs are normally covering.

Not sure how useful it is as a defensive setup as the lowest my depth goes is 4. Not tried 1 depth 3 width drop back as I’m finding it offensively disgraceful when I come up against it. Block City.

Last edited:
Havnt played all weekend. Wish I sold my team on Friday. Gold market has went through the floor. Every player down 20%. Could have had alot more coins to buy a better team now

Grafted for about 5 hours to Elite 1 on squad battles yesterday because I had nowt on.

I know I shouldn’t complain given my pack luck this year but in my two rare mega packs I got Gaya and Payet. :lol:

Grafted for about 5 hours to Elite 1 on squad battles yesterday because I had nowt on.

I know I shouldn’t complain given my pack luck this year but in my two rare mega packs I got Gaya and Payet. :lol:
Still better than me, I was E1 on squad battles and best I packed was Iniesta :lol: Must have got about five of those shit South American black cards as well, they are the absolute pits.

Wired. On PC. 400mbps down, 50mbps up. No other issues across my network. There's a thread on the EA forums where there's other people complaining of the same thing. I'm just glad I got the game for free.

PC is really bad for no loss glitches.

It’s essentially players forcing your connection off so they don’t lose

Still better than me, I was E1 on squad battles and best I packed was Iniesta :lol: Must have got about five of those shit South American black cards as well, they are the absolute pits.
I was going to mention that yesterday, those libertadores cards are pathetic, no idea why they flash up over an 83 as they are worth jack shit

Mahrez or bale in 4231?

Mahrez for me at least. I actually find dribbling to be more important than pace tbh. So long as you have a base level of pace of course.
I was going to mention that yesterday, those libertadores cards are pathetic, no idea why they flash up over an 83 as they are worth jack shit

I thought they were something special when I got two in my first two packs. Unfortunately they are complete trash

Sergej milinkovic savic
Milinkovic Savic
Got him in my squad battles rewards 🤣

The market is absolutely fucked atm.mind.
If anyone needs a decent striker for cheap I’d massively recommend Ciro Immobile. The lad just doesn’t miss. Decent pace and strength too. Got him for 15k with a Hunter. Him and Martinez are knocking them in for fun. In two minds to get Mertens or not. I’ve never been able to get away with him on previous FIFAs. Same with Dybala.

Mate. 5-2-1-2 is the future. It sounds defensive but it really isn’t if you play a line of 5 depth or more. Currently pushing for promotion to division 2 using it. I was division 6 fodder by the end of fifa 20 using the 4-2-3-1. I have an awful habit of pressing the attacker with one of my CBs. This formation let’s me do that and actually helps because the only ball forward the opponent can play at that point is diagonal, the channels to which my 2 spare CBs are normally covering.

Not sure how useful it is as a defensive setup as the lowest my depth goes is 4. Not tried 1 depth 3 width drop back as I’m finding it offensively disgraceful when I come up against it. Block City.
Wasnt a fan of mertens at all like. Didnt feel good at all he didnt

Last edited:
Really wish they wouldn’t fuck the market after a week. People “complete” their squads a week or two in and it’s boring. Should set the economy up to last the season, then people wouldn’t get bored after a month of it

Richarlison and jesus are tremendous if anybody after a cheap setup

I play richarlison cam.and hes unreal.
Really wish they wouldn’t fuck the market after a week. People “complete” their squads a week or two in and it’s boring. Should set the economy up to last the season, then people wouldn’t get bored after a month of it
Got a mill coins sat there off trading. Gonna let the market crash then buy a ridiculous team

Couldn't really get Immobile to work for me, just got crowded out a lot although I'm canny shit and this was at the very beginning when I was hopeless and couldn't win a game. Mertens has been excellent for me behind Lukaku though. Probably depends on the set up but for me Lukaku holds the ball up and plays Mertens in, or Mertens will break on the counter and link up with Lukaku. He's 90+ pace with a hunter, can take people on and very good at finishing.
Richarlison and jesus are tremendous if anybody after a cheap setup

I play richarlison cam.and hes unreal.

Got a mill coins sat there off trading. Gonna let the market crash then buy a ridiculous team
Any tips for trading early on?

Last edited:
Couldn't really get Immobile to work for me, just got crowded out a lot although I'm canny shit and this was at the very beginning when I was hopeless and couldn't win a game. Mertens has been excellent for me behind Lukaku though. Probably depends on the set up but for me Lukaku holds the ball up and plays Mertens in, or Mertens will break on the counter and link up with Lukaku. He's 90+ pace with a hunter, can take people on and very good at finishing.

Any tips for trading early on?
Tbh even the trading is fucked atm. The market is absolutely shite

Go on futbin and check the starter sbc solutions and check the prices of the players in them

For eg luis neto. At certain points you can pick him up for 350/500 and he sells for 1500 throughout the night

Also. Stock up on a monday/ thursday when squad battle and division rewards are out as prices are ridiculously low

The profits are nowhere near as high atm like with the market being shite

A load of people make loads off chem styles but no idea which ones.

The problem they've got with the market, is they usually flush it with SBCs but it's early doors and the ones out currently don't improve most peoples teams.

They'll drop some Icon SBCs soon, with 6 parts next week or something to clear gold cards off the market.

I struggle with trading on this, I find a player and then mass bid on loads, every time it seems someone comes in and bids higher even to the point where they won’t make a profit on the player after tax

f***ing hell man one more win needed for gold 3 and I come against people clearly in division 1. Getting absolutely spanked by anyone who knows how to use the agile dribbling.

Back