Fifa 20

I hit some blinding streaks of wins but then I`ll follow it with a loads of losses. I`ll likely drop into 7 at some point shortly, hopefully I can pick up a few wins there. I just get done over and over the same way, high pressure, "sticky" tackles, loose passing and then i`ll grind my way back in only to get hit straight off the kick off for a demoraliser.

what league you in now mate ?

Ha I’m right down to 8. I used to bounce between 4 and 5 and think I made 3 at one point but my team can’t keep up with WL players and rivals seems to be a dumping ground for people dropping leagues for achievements, plus I’m crap.

Lockdown has knackered me cos I played a lot during the day with doing shifts but I only get on now and again at the minute.

Feels better than other ‘clunky’ strikers, 5 star skills help allot with that, has a shot like no other but seems to wind them up allot which is a pain in some scenarios when you need a quick shot. He’s quite enjoyable all in all, even with 44 balance. He’s a sub for me tho because he doesn’t get Chem from the start.

Edit: use an engine on him for sure. Also, anyone thinking about doing Fabinho I’d fully recommend him, I’m playing him CB on 7 chem and he’s a beast. Should also receive a plus 3 upgrade as I expect he will win the vote

Thought it was based on City vs Liverpool match this week rather than a vote ?

Right here’s my squad now and I’m hopefully sticking with it, I switch players around on kick off so Ibra and Dyb up top with Kessie and Ndombele as CDM with the other two CAM.

Division 8 better watch out :)

You can change a custom tactic to automatically switch your players round, saves you pausing it the start of every game.

Right here’s my squad now and I’m hopefully sticking with it, I switch players around on kick off so Ibra and Dyb up top with Kessie and Ndombele as CDM with the other two CAM.

Nice, can’t remember the last time I had 100 team chem haha

You can change a custom tactic to automatically switch your players round, saves you pausing it the start of every game.

Yeah I do that thanks mate, my ‘defensive’ mode does that, I didn’t know about this until a few months ago and often wondered why the likes of Mbappe was CDM in some teams :)
Nice, can’t remember the last time I had 100 team chem haha

I’m a bit obsessive about it now like.

I relegated myself to division 9 to do the Grealish objectives when his TOTS card came out and I realised I’d not noticed it and had 12 hours left to do it. I was in Div 5 at the time. I’ve just tonight, after two weeks of playing almost every night, reached the dizzy heights of division 7. Division 8 was honestly harder to get out of than any I’ve been in this year and I made it to div 2 early on in the game. I’ll never ever do it again.

I relegated myself to division 9 to do the Grealish objectives when his TOTS card came out and I realised I’d not noticed it and had 12 hours left to do it. I was in Div 5 at the time. I’ve just tonight, after two weeks of playing almost every night, reached the dizzy heights of division 7. Division 8 was honestly harder to get out of than any I’ve been in this year and I made it to div 2 early on in the game. I’ll never ever do it again.

Been scrapping in div 8 all night, Fifa doing that mad thing where it doesn’t pass where you’re pressing the D pad too!

Nice, it's people like you that have destroyed rivals for the casual gamer.

Nice, it's people like you that have destroyed rivals for the casual gamer.
Some challenges are impossible for me in division 2 mind, the state of the teams you go up against. I don’t know intentionally get relegated, I do end out sliding down though. Don’t blame people in high divisions dropping down.

Blame EA. Objectives shouldn’t be in rivals, they need to create a different mode IMO. Playing people on your own level is hard enough, when your only trying to score from crosses it’s impossible.

See this is what I dont get. The difficulty someone who is naturally a division 2 player will be exactly the same for them versus another division 2 player as it is for a natural division 6, 7 or 8 player versus someone who is rightfully at their level.

I do think some of the blame lies with EA but a lot of it lies with the selfish nature of the gamer who (imo) half the time doesnt even need the cards in their already stacked squad anyway.

I can guarantee you it would take me just as long in divs 5/6 to complete a challenge as it would you in div 2/3. I hate getting relegated but I`ve gone down and i`ll probably drop again just because i`m playing people clearly 2 or 3 leagues better than me in div 6, its as clear as night and day with all the drag backs, elasticos, scoop turns etc.

Rant over :lol:
Been scrapping in div 8 all night, Fifa doing that mad thing where it doesn’t pass where you’re pressing the D pad too!

The silver challenge in friendlies is good mate, a proper leveller. No infinite stamina players and limited skillers, I actually felt like the better player most of the time with my colombian silvers. Theres a guy who plays up front called Danilo Asprilla, had him untradeable in my club, a class silver player

Last edited:
Stayed up till 4am after work to scrape into rank 1 then decided to play one more game to cement my place, was winning easily but got kicked off server so went to bed. Just checked and in slipped back to rank 2 :(

On the rivals argument, it really is a dunking ground for objectives so people can improve their squad for WL.

I barely get the chance to play WL so rivals is all u have to enjoy and use as a measure for how good me and my team are, last year that seemed to work and I enjoyed it but EA / players deliberately dropping down with no consequence have spoiled it for me, then there’s the time wasting quitters who don’t even play and leave the game at kick off that’s annoying too.

Had choice of 97 Werner or 96 Griezemann as first red pick so went Werner. 2nd pick was 99 KDB which I got a few weeks ago unfortunately so took Upamecano 93 instead. Already have Sancho, Haaland, Hakimi and Kimmich so will build Bundes team around them.

Back