Fifa 20

The longer this game has gone on the more dreadful I seem to be getting at it. Early on in the game I was steady in the middle of Division 5 sometimes getting close to 4 but never quite making it. But as my team has improved (89 squad now) I've steadily declined to the point where I've dropped into Div 7 a couple times, I'm lucky to string 2 wins together at this point. I'd say I'm quite good at knocking it about and creating chances but I'm awful at finishing, seems to take me 5-6 shots on target to score so I rely more on wing play and cutting it across for a tap in. Scoring headers from crosses and corners was a big part of my scoring in FIFA 19 but it just isn't feasible to do it in this game. I regularly hit 17 WL wins in 19 but I struggle for 11 now, not sure why I'm so crap this time round.

Last edited:

The longer this game has gone on the more dreadful I seem to be getting at it. Early on in the game I was steady in the middle of Division 5 sometimes getting close to 4 but never quite making it. But as my team has improved (89 squad now) I've steadily declined to the point where I've dropped into Div 7 a couple times, I'm lucky to string 2 wins together at this point. I'd say I'm quite good at knocking it about and creating chances but I'm awful at finishing, seems to take me 5-6 shots on target to score so I rely more on wing play and cutting it across for a tap in. Scoring headers from crosses and corners was a big part of my scoring in FIFA 19 but it just isn't feasible to do it in this game. I regularly hit 17 WL wins in 19 but I struggle for 11 now, not sure why I'm so crap this time round.
They’ve patched this game in to oblivion. I’m sure 50% of my shots hit the post with IF Ben Yedder when before he was a guaranteed goal.

Has anyone had much success playing with a high defensive line? I’m enjoying the 433(4) and thinking of playing around with a higher line (currently at 5).

Also scream Gary Medel is an absolute bargain at 20k. His long shots are crazy.

Has anyone had much success playing with a high defensive line? I’m enjoying the 433(4) and thinking of playing around with a higher line (currently at 5).

Also scream Gary Medel is an absolute bargain at 20k. His long shots are crazy.
I’m playing 5 at the back :lol:
Also just bought a couple of Rodri OTW after his goal and he’s already up 5k

Last edited:
I play 41212 but always conceding goals so if I win I have to score a good amount.

I’m either countered or done by continuous drag backs, any tips?

I play 41212 but always conceding goals so if I win I have to score a good amount.

I’m either countered or done by continuous drag backs, any tips?
That’s the narrow one? I had the counter attack issue with that, only way i found was the have your full backs stay back while attacking, left and right CAM to drift wide to help with lack of width, and the CDM to stay back while attacking with cut passing lanes. Kinda defeats the object of the formation tho it’s very attack heavy.

That’s the narrow one? I had the counter attack issue with that, only way i found was the have your full backs stay back while attacking, left and right CAM to drift wide to help with lack of width, and the CDM to stay back while attacking with cut passing lanes. Kinda defeats the object of the formation tho it’s very attack heavy.

it is the wide one mate with LM, RM, CDM and CAM.

Some people I play against are really narrow and havel loads of defenders but still manage to counter me!

it is the wide one mate with LM, RM, CDM and CAM.

Some people I play against are really narrow and havel loads of defenders but still manage to counter me!

Try 4-3-1-2 with your middle CM on stay back while attacking, and all 3 CMs on cover center with your full backs on stay back while attacking. The 4-1-2-1-2 is too open in the middle imo and your CDM can be bypassed with a simple 1-2.

Got absolutely no one in my packs today. And the beet pick was Carlos Tevez. I despise EA.

Kamil f***ing Glik in my red picks yet again.

On the plus side, sold my 89 Dybala a week ago for 100k and picked him back up for 60 after his LW in form came out. Going to drop Lautaro fro him cos he’s been absolutely shit after his move to 87 in the winter upgrade.

anyone done the winter refresh sbc? I got Eriksen which is decent but doesn’t fit my team and is untradable. Was only really after fernandes

mate he was about the best you could have ref for, I got some 83 pillock.
Try 4-3-1-2 with your middle CM on stay back while attacking, and all 3 CMs on cover center with your full backs on stay back while attacking. The 4-1-2-1-2 is too open in the middle imo and your CDM can be bypassed with a simple 1-2.

I might try that if I can get my chemistry to fit, got a hybrid team, cheers though.

mate he was about the best you could have ref for, I got some 83 pillock.

I might try that if I can get my chemistry to fit, got a hybrid team, cheers though.

I’ve been playing around with different formations and am finding the 4-3-1-2 the most consistent for wins. I find it’s essential to have the CAM on stay forward and use possession.
It all comes down to personal play style really. And more so keeping an eye on what each update changes and updating your tactics to match. And even then, it’s EA so you get fucked over anyway.
anyone done the winter refresh sbc? I got Eriksen which is decent but doesn’t fit my team and is untradable. Was only really after fernandes
I paid 190k for Eriksen :lol:

Another promo, been one on for like 6 weeks in a row now. Card looks pretty nice like the graphics designer guy has been doing his job this FIFA haha. Going after Hateboer to replace Danilo at RB.

Back