Fifa 20

They’ve seen the success of Fortnite and probably want some character customising revenue I reckons.

Not content with their billions from Ultimate Team :neutral:

Thing is for me, in the day when I played Pro Clubs, they could have had customisable DLC for that and I would have happily paid for it i.e. own unqiue kits, sponsors, custom stadiums, chants, badges, rented servers, paid leagues etc.

I guess it's not a gambling loot box mechanic though as you would actually know what you're paying for with a one off payment, so EA wouldn't be interested :neutral:

Last edited:
Like I said earlier in the thread, this is them shitting themselves because points in UT will globally banned soon. Already started in some countries.

They need a new micro transaction cash cow.

You mean loot boxes banned or am I missing something about in game currency?

Loot box wise I'm not sure the ban in Belgium etc. will actually happen here and the US. I mean our gambling commission have already said they don't have a problem with it. Probably because EA have paid them a shitload :neutral:

Last edited:
Like I said earlier in the thread, this is them shitting themselves because points in UT will globally banned soon. Already started in some countries.

If UT coins are banned wouldn't all microtransactions be banned under the same law?

Nah as UT would be classed as a form of gambling whereas buying things outright like expansions or kit is just an in game purchase I imagine.

Ah I see because you dont know what you're gonna get out of a pack, so its gambling, where as just buying a skin you know what you're getting so not gambling

Id love to see Points get banned like.

Refuse to play FUT because I get beat by people I'm miles better than because there team is unbelievable.

Stick to seasons now tbh, enjoy it miles more.. And at least the teams are pretty similar.

Haven't played FIFA in ages. They only update the game to increase their profits. FUT could be amazing without the coins and packs, it was great when it first came out.

Played seasons the most in recent years and it's the best game mode, until you come up against someone who puts their controller down after 10 mins, or someone from Albania whose internet constantly lags out, and there's literally nothing you can do about it except deal with it or forfeit :lol:

Ultimate team lets you see your opponents connection before the match (green, orange, red) but seasons doesn't give you this luxury. I wonder why?

EA :cool:

Last edited:
Ah I see because you dont know what you're gonna get out of a pack, so its gambling, where as just buying a skin you know what you're getting so not gambling

EA argue that you know what you're getting from a pack so it's not gambling. For example, a gold 7.5k pack will get you: 3 rares, a few players, a few consumables and club items, all adding up to 15(?) items in total. The consumer knows that they will atleast get these, so it isn't gambling.

EA argue that you know what you're getting from a pack so it's not gambling. For example, a gold 7.5k pack will get you: 3 rares, a few players, a few consumables and club items, all adding up to 15(?) items in total. The consumer knows that they will atleast get these, so it isn't gambling.

I don't see how that argument can convince anybody though. Stephen Fletcher is a gold, and is worthless, OR you could get Team of the Day Halloween Special Super Neymar who's probably worth something like >1 million coins. How is that anything but gambling. It's f***ing shit.

They should just let you unlock packs by winning matches and reset them every few months to keep it fair. But they'd never do that becuase they'd lose hundreds of millions.

Last edited:
I don't see how that argument can convince anybody though. Stephen Fletcher is a gold, and is worthless, OR you could get Team of the Day Halloween Special Super Neymar who's probably worth something like >1 million coins. How is that anything but gambling. It's f***ing shit.

They should just let you unlock packs by winning matches and reset them every few months to keep it fair. But they'd never do that becuase they'd lose hundreds of millions.

I agree with you. I just read it in an article about why Belgium had banned it and what FIFA's argument was. I'm sure the gambling commision agreed with this, not sure though.

Back