Fifa 19 - No UT

I like it and it absolutely pisses all over the PES demo, which is shocking.

Hopefully on the full game they’ll have touched Pro Clubs for once.

It's actually alright, like a polished FIFA 18. Legendary was quite easy though and I noticed defenders still doing that fake bullshit where they run away from the ball to let you in.

Atmosphere's cracking. Graphics look a bit cartoony. Passing is still ping pongy and overly automated as ever. New shot mechanics...hmm. Could be problematic with even a tiny bit of lag.

Other than that it's decent.

It's decent. Very good graphically. Fake shot OP. Driven shot now is LB +RB and double tab. Harder to do. Tried lots of times shooting. Decent from range but awful in box. Turned it off and found it much easier for all types of shots

Really enjoyed it. Liking that RB and X are low driven cross. Scored a few getting in at the back stick with that. Will buy.
Anyone know when the FUT shite app thing is out? Always get drawn to that too.

mmmm, not that keen to be honest, I normally love the demo's as well. Then again, I have been off work for 6 weeks and been playing FIFA 18 career mode non stop during this time.

Liking this so far, seem to have copied from PES and made the ball a bit more random when it's pinging around the box.

Raw pace doesn't seem as effective either and crossing is more rewarding too, bet both of those things are patched out soon enough.

Ref can piss off like, given a red for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity in me own half.

Liking this so far, seem to have copied from PES and made the ball a bit more random when it's pinging around the box.

Raw pace doesn't seem as effective either and crossing is more rewarding too, bet both of those things are patched out soon enough.

Ref can piss off like, given a red for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity in me own half.

I got a yellow for Kane trying an over head kick :lol:

I totally disagree about the pes gameplay being better. I think it’s just became the ‘football game hipster’ thing to say. The football has a much better flow in fifa imo, and when I had pes 17 (admittedly the last time I bought it) I found there were things you could do to guarantee a goal, like back in sensible soccer, or the mega drive fifa. I’d be playing a game, trying to play ‘proper’ football, go a goal down and just give up and do the stuff that would always result in a goal...
It dosnt like, FIFA is like playing an arcade game, PES has its flaws but it’s superb on the pitch and FIFA can’t get near it when it comes to actually playing the match. It’s easy to be good at FIFA but so hard to master pes.

It dosnt like, FIFA is like playing an arcade game, PES has its flaws but it’s superb on the pitch and FIFA can’t get near it when it comes to actually playing the match. It’s easy to be good at FIFA but so hard to master pes.
You see the little disclaimer I put in my post - ‘imo’. In my opinion. I’m not getting drawn into a debate as the only true measure of a game is if you like it. I like fifa, you like pes. Everything else is subjective opinion.

I must just be absolute shit at games if your declaration is true, because after 20 years I’m still pretty crap at fifa.

FIFA doesn't really have a skill gap these days. It's basically the recognised champs who are always in the top 10 who are almost autistic level special at it and then there's everyone else where anyone can win because it's so automated and the AI takes control. Not to mention the rubber banding.

Gameplay wise I much prefer PES, you have a feeling of control in it whereas with FIFA you feel the overbearing A.I controlling the game, even on manual.

Saying that I thought the FIFA demo was decent but the fact I haven't been on it since says a lot.

And that's coming from someone who's played FIFA for decades.

Last edited:
I bought Pes last week on Xbox, so I haven't got the ability to put all the kits in and badges even though I've edited all the team names and done a bit of kit editing. I must say FIFA wins hands down on presentation and the whole experience with authentic kits etc for most teams, which is to be expected. I'm not sure I can handle not having all that in the game, but initial impressions after playing a few games of FIFA is that it's a bit cartoony and arcadey. I think I much prefer PES19 and I only bought it as a stop gap as I sold my FIFA18 months ago. That's not to say I think PES19 on the pitch is without fault, I just think it plays better.

Its FIFA 18 gameplay nowt new. On a side note about PES, what an over rated pile o' shite. Myclub, i.e. Their equivalent of FUT is a rip off. Get a decent team, then you need to upgrade your manager using virtual currency. Want to change formation from 4222 to 4321, you need to buy a new manager ... which costs virtual currency. Even EA, money grabbing bastards that they are, don't do this. Gameplay is glitchy as fuck. Actually pleased to have played PES 2019, as it makes FIFA look loads less shite.

Trying to play the demo on Xbox one and having a nightmare. Keeps saying something went wrong and something about system update. The Xbox is fully up to date however. Trying to reinstall the demo now but what a fuck on. Anyone got any ideas?

What happened to the old days of just buying a game, putting it in and playing the fucker.

Back