FIFA 11 Demo First Impressions Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: *The Official FIFA 11 Demo First Impressions Thread*

Relying on you lot to tell me if it's any good whilst I sort a new PS3 out. :-D

Anyone downloading it early from the USA store?

Yep downloading as we speak

Downloading it now. Might take about 30 mins tho. I'll let u know if I can stay awake.

Edit. Actually gonna take an hour. I'll probs try it in the morning.

Last edited:

If u have a US account, it's on the playstation store. It's out on uk 1 tomorrow at 5pm
my mate created a us account, so do i just sign in with it and go on the store?

I'm too much of a FIFA geek to wait til tomorrow so I've created a US account. Downloading as we speak. :lol:

It's on the Xbox Live Marketplace now in the UK if anybody is interested :) Tbh I don't actually know if it is or not

says i can't sign in using another users id?

says i can't sign in using another users id?

Ah right. Not sure mesel. Sometimes u can reg an account on different machines but not 100% on how it works. I thought u meant he set up one on your ps3.

It takes 5 mins to do.
User name
A email address but a different one to the one u use on your uk sign in.
A US address. Just google a US Hilton hotel I.e NYC and you can use that address.

That's it really.

Or just wait until 5pm tomorrow :-D

It's on the Xbox Live Marketplace now in the UK if anybody is interested :) Tbh I don't actually know if it is or not

Because I haven't just wasted 10 minutes of my life. I knew it wouldnt of been :evil:

Negatives:
Feels like PES
Movement is stiff, no inertia - players can run around in tiny circles, turn on a dime
Tackliling is absurd, it's like they've removed the physics, back to where it was pre FIFA 08
Passing feels stiff and scripted
Ball movement is nonsensical after 50/50 challenges
Dribbling is absolutely terrible, feels like PES
Manual cross balls and lobbed through balls behave strangely
Lots of buggy animations, even some PES-like skipping (?)
Penalty system is so, so, so bad

Postives:
Menus aren't laggy anymore
Manual through balls are more responsive and behave less irrationally (but don't feel so good anymore)
Can finally turn off automatic player switching completely
Kaka is the central figure of the game, which amused me considering the current state of his career

Feels no good at all to me so far, unlike the first time I played 08, 09, 10 and Euro 2008. I'm sure I'll get more used to it, but this is very reminiscent of when PES turned shit.

Negatives:
Feels like PES
Movement is stiff, no inertia - players can run around in tiny circles, turn on a dime
Tackliling is absurd, it's like they've removed the physics, back to where it was pre FIFA 08
Passing feels stiff and scripted
Ball movement is nonsensical after 50/50 challenges
Dribbling is absolutely terrible, feels like PES
Manual cross balls and lobbed through balls behave strangely
Lots of buggy animations, even some PES-like skipping (?)
Penalty system is so, so, so bad

Postives:
Menus aren't laggy anymore
Manual through balls are more responsive and behave less irrationally (but don't feel so good anymore)
Can finally turn off automatic player switching completely
Kaka is the central figure of the game, which amused me considering the current state of his career

Feels no good at all to me so far, unlike the first time I played 08, 09, 10 and Euro 2008. I'm sure I'll get more used to it, but this is very reminiscent of when PES turned shit.

Did you play FIFA World Cup?

Did you play FIFA World Cup?

Only the demo, which I didn't like as much as FIFA 10. I think this game would appeal more to people who liked that game, but it's gone even farther away from FIFA 10. Feels nothing like it.

I've only heard bad things about the WC2010 penalty system. Sure doesn't seem like they've made any improvements to it.

Last edited:

Only the demo, which I didn't like as much as FIFA 10. I think this game would appeal more to people who liked that game, but it's gone even farther away from FIFA 10. Feels nothing like it.

I've only heard bad things about the WC2010 penalty system. Sure doesn't seem like they've made any improvements to it.

I thought the FIFA WC penalty thing was class, it's much harder to score now until you do the tutorial (you'll pick it up straight away), and the keepers make much more realistic saves. It's more lifelike IMO.

How long do you get in the demo btw? Last year it was 2 mins a half iirc.

I thought the FIFA WC penalty thing was class, it's much harder to score now until you do the tutorial (you'll pick it up straight away), and the keepers make much more realistic saves. It's more lifelike IMO.

How long do you get in the demo btw? Last year it was 2 mins a half iirc.

Can't be the same system then. :lol:

Nah, I don't know, can't make a proper judgment yet since I apparently don't fully understand the system. The AI's penalties were just absolutely bizarre though. Mensah would have improved them.

Says 3 min halves but feels shorter to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back