FFP help needed

stevo

Winger
Jon mac,con mac,09,flannas,osturk,baldwin lynch,de bock,mcgeough,power,mcnulty,watmore,wyke,.I might have missed some ,can somebody explain how all of these being out of contract end of season affects ffp.Will enable new investors to go mad or not .Or will we still be knackered for next season

Jon mac,con mac,09,flannas,osturk,baldwin lynch,de bock,mcgeough,power,mcnulty,watmore,wyke,.I might have missed some ,can somebody explain how all of these being out of contract end of season affects ffp.Will enable new investors to go mad or not .Or will we still be knackered for next season
It depends on a lot of things

If they stay, they'll have new contracts at the same or higher pay. If they leave, they'll have to be replaced. Either way, if we're still in League 1, the wage cap will still be 60% of relevant income, and if we're in the Championship, the allowable loss will still be £15m over a rolling three-season period, which can be increased by the owners putting in up to £8m/year in share capital.

If they stay, they'll have new contracts at the same or higher pay. If they leave, they'll have to be replaced. Either way, if we're still in League 1, the wage cap will still be 60% of relevant income, and if we're in the Championship, the allowable loss will still be £15m over a rolling three-season period, which can be increased by the owners putting in up to £8m/year in share capital.
Thanks ,so its essential we go up then or we up the creek ,because having no parachute is going to knack us

There are a few in that list who aren't even out of contract end of this season.

No power deffo,09 we can trigger 1 more year thank god.Think ethan robson is out aswell.Gonna be interesting summer

Power signed a 2.5yr permanent contract last January. Hes got another year after this season.

Watmore also ends 2021.

O'Nien will get the extra year regardless what division we are in.

Sorry if you are answering this for the umpteenth time - I thought the wage cap in League 1&2 made it impossible for owners to add their own money to fund the club.
But christoph_21 on twitter (chartered account, wisemensaypod) directly says "FFP in L1 specifically allows owners to put in whatever they like".
Which is it ?

Sorry if you are answering this for the umpteenth time - I thought the wage cap in League 1&2 made it impossible for owners to add their own money to fund the club.
But christoph_21 on twitter (chartered account, wisemensaypod) directly says "FFP in L1 specifically allows owners to put in whatever they like".
Which is it ?

Investment in the form of share capital counts as income, so it is impossible. However, it's a bit of a double-edged sword - it only counts as income in the season you do it. If you stuck money in, had a transfer splurge, increased the wage bill a fair bit, and then didn't go up, you'd be royally shafted the following season because your wage cap would be based on the income without the investment. So you'd end up selling players to bring the wages down, or having to invest more to meet the wage cap, but not be able to spend it on anything for fear of getting into a vicious circle.

So the answer is yes, you can do it, but its usefulness could be a bit limited unless you could guarantee promotion, which, as experience shows, you can't really do.

According to the Echo

you need to replave Wyke & Power with Maguire, Robson & Kimpioka

Back