FF7 Remake

At least it’s only episodic in the way there is FFXIII and FFXIII-2 or whatever - they say it is to include as much of the original as possible. The cynic in me thinks it is a cash grab however.
Course it is, same principle as DLC, 25/30 quid per episode on release date. 100 quid + for the full game which the majority will probably buy

XIV remains 1 of the most underrated games out there on the market, despite it being a subscription MMO.

The launch was probably the biggest fail launch of all time but now that the absolute FF classics are implemented such as Golden Saucer and The Triple Triad Card game it has fantastic content.

The underrated one is XI - about to hit it's 17th birthday celebrations - yes, it's dated visually now but the depth of content and world lore in there is amazing - I went back to play it on a private server recently and it blows 14 out of the water really.

XIV is just cap tomes - log off for the week between gluts of content. Soken's music is awesome - but most people I know who still play it daily have the same criticism - it's grind tomes > get gear > (do the current tier raid if you're a raider) > twiddle thumbs till the next batch of BIS comes in. I keep subscribed and logging in just to maintain my house really these days.

Undecided on the VII remake - it was never my favourite in the series and Sephiroth fanboys do my head in - but he did come with a cool soundtrack required for a villain. I did like XV - but wish they'd stop with the million bits of extra content required to know what the hell's going on with the story lark they're guilty as hell of lately (and I think Apocalyptis Noctis blows One Winged Angel out of the water in terms of music)

I hope the battle is closer to turn based than the button bashing in FFXV.

Didn't realise the Xbox One FFVII port had been released, started a new save this week and it's still the greatest game of all time.

Didn't realise the Xbox One FFVII port had been released, started a new save this week and it's still the greatest game of all time.

I feel like it will resemble KH3 but who knows really.

It’s banging but I can’t imagine new players enjoying it as much tbf.

I'm playing it (among other stuff) on iPad at the moment off and on. Was at the Distant Worlds concert at the weekend (if you've not heard of them - they're basically full orchestral versions of some of the tunes from the series complete with choir as well with big screen playing clips to go along with it) and they obviously were really plugging the FF7 nostalgia hard (entire second half of the concert apart from encores was VII) - had the newest trailer showing as well, but they also had some footage released earlier to show along with one of the tracks - and the UI has completely changed between the older released stuff (must be 2 years old nearly from when they were first starting to push the remake) and the latest stuff.

With the way gaming's gone in recent years (and XV was shocking for additional DLC to flesh out the story) I'm half expecting a DLC pack to bring you-know-who (not that I should give a stuff about spoiling a game from 1997) back from the dead for an optional £9.99.

I'm toying with buying XII for the Switch just to have the ability to play it yet again but on a mobile device. Not that I need more bloody versions of Final Fantasy games in this house really - think I have some of them in about 5 different formats.

I'm toying with buying XII for the Switch just to have the ability to play it yet again but on a mobile device. Not that I need more bloody versions of Final Fantasy games in this house really - think I have some of them in about 5 different formats.

I'm playing 12 for the first time at the moment.

Thank fuck for x2 speed because it would be slow as shit without it.

Back