FF7 Remake

I've been quite scathing of the Remake so far, but that looks really great in fairness. Let's see how it progresses from here on in...

I have never played one minute of a single Final Fantasy game. I know that FF7 is regarded as the big one and therefore am tempted to try.

Am I best getting the original, or as a newcomer to the series am I more likely to enjoy the new one?

I have never played one minute of a single Final Fantasy game. I know that FF7 is regarded as the big one and therefore am tempted to try.

Am I best getting the original, or as a newcomer to the series am I more likely to enjoy the new one?

I’d say you’d more likely enjoy the new one - the old one is the old school turn based format. The new one takes more inspiration from Western RPGs and the FF7 remake will likely follow a similar tact.

Plus the original hasn’t aged well, and it’s one of my favourite all time games.

I’d say you’d more likely enjoy the new one - the old one is the old school turn based format. The new one takes more inspiration from Western RPGs and the FF7 remake will likely follow a similar tact.

Plus the original hasn’t aged well, and it’s one of my favourite all time games.
That said rumours are they’re changing some of the story and if advent children was owt to go by there’s a good chance they’ll ruin it.

The original topic is quite apt for today tbh.

If you’ve never played or enjoyed a turn based RPG you probably wouldn’t enjoy the original.

The voice acting is just so over the top for him. Mind we've come a long way since the Resident Evil voices...
Did you hear the voice wedge had in the original teaser? :lol:

Last edited:
That said rumours are they’re changing some of the story and if advent children was owt to go by there’s a good chance they’ll ruin it.

The original topic is quite apt for today tbh.

If you’ve never played or enjoyed a turn based RPG you probably wouldn’t enjoy the original.

I think the story still stands up, as well as the themes - very current as you say. The game itself hasn’t aged that good, for me anyhow.

If they change it, hopefully it will just clear up some of the nonsensical stuff that was clear in the Japanese versions but the translation skewed it. I’m sure I read that the extended universe (Crisis Core etc.) isn’t going to be referenced.

I think the story still stands up, as well as the themes - very current as you say. The game itself hasn’t aged that good, for me anyhow.

If they change it, hopefully it will just clear up some of the nonsensical stuff that was clear in the Japanese versions but the translation skewed it. I’m sure I read that the extended universe (Crisis Core etc.) isn’t going to be referenced.
Let’s hope so. That said I’d f***ing love an HD reimagining of the wall market/don corneo scenes. There’s already people kicking off about it. :lol:

Same, never played a single one. Been tempted to try XV when I've seen it in a sale. Might give this a try at some point.

I don't think I could go back to the originals so would prefer to try this one, although I don't mind turn based stuff so I'd probably prefer they kept it like that

Same, never played a single one. Been tempted to try XV when I've seen it in a sale. Might give this a try at some point.

I don't think I could go back to the originals so would prefer to try this one, although I don't mind turn based stuff so I'd probably prefer they kept it like that

You're missing out on so much if you don't try some of the originals. I completed FFVI this year on the SNES and it holds up brilliantly.

You're missing out on so much if you don't try some of the originals. I completed FFVI this year on the SNES and it holds up brilliantly.
Seems to be quite pricey to pick up PS1 versions, plus I lent my PS1 to a mate a little while back. I see there's a version of it released on PS4 and recently on Xbox apparently a port if the PC version. Dunno if that would be worth a try

Ff7 is one of my favourite games ever.

It's reassuring that 4 years after the announcement they've definately managed to remake the first 30-40 minutes.

It's aged badly, don't bother playing the original unless you really want to.

I enjoyed getting the platinum trophy on the ps4 but it's a nostalgia trip for me to play it.

Holds up better than 7.

Last edited:
XIV remains 1 of the most underrated games out there on the market, despite it being a subscription MMO.

The launch was probably the biggest fail launch of all time but now that the absolute FF classics are implemented such as Golden Saucer and The Triple Triad Card game it has fantastic content.

XIV remains 1 of the most underrated games out there on the market, despite it being a subscription MMO.

The launch was probably the biggest fail launch of all time but now that the absolute FF classics are implemented such as Golden Saucer and The Triple Triad Card game it has fantastic content.
Played that on and off for a few years, renew my sub for a month or two every once in a while.

Back