FF7 Remake

This looks class like imo. The music :cool:

Only worry I have is how much they’ve changed. The stuff they’ve added to the story (advent children, crisis core etc) has been crap and the fact you can already use summons means they’ve obviously changed some stuff.

Could just be showing them off? They’ve probs added some sooner as in the original you don’t get one till after you leave Midgar, and I think the first “chapter” is set there.

This looks class like imo. The music :cool:

Only worry I have is how much they’ve changed. The stuff they’ve added to the story (advent children, crisis core etc) has been crap and the fact you can already use summons means they’ve obviously changed some stuff.
I don't think that video is story. If you look at the video, it is demoing the actual fight in the summon explanation window. I reckon it might be some sort of battle arena to show off gameplay?

Have any of you lads played final fantasy 12? It's the only single player final fantasy since 6 that I haven't played. Is it any good? It's on sale for the switch at the minute and I'm tempted.

Have any of you lads played final fantasy 12? It's the only single player final fantasy since 6 that I haven't played. Is it any good? It's on sale for the switch at the minute and I'm tempted.
I enjoyed it, doesn’t really have a main protagonist. Didn’t like it initially but replayed it when the remaster came out on PS4 and thought the storyline was decent.

It’s a bit different, the zodiac job system works for me. FMV’s are remarkable considering it was ps2 era.

Definitely worth a play through

I enjoyed it, doesn’t really have a main protagonist. Didn’t like it initially but replayed it when the remaster came out on PS4 and thought the storyline was decent.

It’s a bit different, the zodiac job system works for me. FMV’s are remarkable considering it was ps2 era.

Definitely worth a play through
I'll pick it up in the sale then. I'm still replaying 10 at the minute but will be finished soon.

Has there been anything in the videos to indicate people are 'using' summons?

Could be that Square just have them popping up to 'help out' as part of the story & you control them later.

Has there been anything in the videos to indicate people are 'using' summons?

Could be that Square just have them popping up to 'help out' as part of the story & you control them later.
In that video above you can see the player summon Ifrit from the Japanese menu.

Please don't be shit, please don't be shit...
Looks amazing, love the reworked tunes, but why the fuck can't a company like Square employ decent voice artists? Could Barrett be any more of a clichéd black character? Hope there's a Japanese dub just so I don't have to listen to that shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is he a clichéd black character?

Aye, of course he is. The voice fits imo.

Could Barrett be any more of a clichéd black character?

Aye, of course he could. :lol:
Regardless, I found his voice over irritating. It was all a bit cringe. Square have previous for dreadful voice work, like. FFXV, for example.

Back