FF7 Remake

I'm playing 12 for the first time at the moment.

Thank fuck for x2 speed because it would be slow as shit without it.
Not a bad game, story is decent, characters are a bit wishy washy. There isn’t really a main protagonist as of such. I enjoyed it, must admit you’re right about the double speed mode, when I replayed the HD version it was a godsend. Better than 13 & 15 for me but not as good as the other ps1/2 era ff’s

Not a bad game, story is decent, characters are a bit wishy washy. There isn’t really a main protagonist as of such. I enjoyed it, must admit you’re right about the double speed mode, when I replayed the HD version it was a godsend. Better than 13 & 15 for me but not as good as the other ps1/2 era ff’s
Enjoying the story. Vaan and Penelo don't feel like they belong in it though, I don't think they deserve all the hate they got though.

The game feels "right" at double speed. Need to read up more on Gambits because at the minute I'm only automating cure

Enjoying the story. Vaan and Penelo don't feel like they belong in it though, I don't think they deserve all the hate they got though.

The game feels "right" at double speed. Need to read up more on Gambits because at the minute I'm only automating cure

Aye Vaan & Penelo are awful, fair enough Basch knew Vaans brother but it’s a bit tenuous. The gambits are useful especially for your mages, automatically cast fire on a weak ice enemy etc. when you unlock the second job for your characters it’s like a huge level up. I think I I had Ashe as my white mage then made her a ninja and she became by biggest damage outputter as soon as I’d done the change. The quickenings are OP as fuck too. Linking like 13/14 plus together. I hardly used the Espers either but the animation is pretty cool for ps2.

Edit - gambits for attacking flying enemies too for your none ranged chars

Supposed release date of March 2020 - nee one knows how they’re doing it though with it being released across several games as per FFXIII.

Rumour is that the first instalment will all be set in Midgar. Square Enix’s E3 is about 2am our time so will know more soon hopefully!

Supposed release date of March 2020 - nee one knows how they’re doing it though with it being released across several games as per FFXIII.

Rumour is that the first instalment will all be set in Midgar. Square Enix’s E3 is about 2am our time so will know more soon hopefully!
They'll end up releasing it like a social media version of a choose your own adventure game.

Leave it dangling at a critical point in the story then ask twitter what they should work on next.

Apparently they lost the code for all but the PC version but found it again (sounds like bollocks to me). Anyway here’s the trailer if you’re interested

Character models look tidy like - Triple Triad trophies though :cool:

Have you watched the gameplay demo? Actually looks like a good blend between the new live action style and the original ATB system.

Like the idea that you can play fast or slow depending on your preference.

Apparently they lost the code for all but the PC version but found it again (sounds like bollocks to me). Anyway here’s the trailer if you’re interested

They deleted the original code a long time ago, they did FF8 and 9 at the same time and did a shit job archiving.

From what I remember they had the PC port code that was an earlier build of the game because they fucked up and provided eidos the code for the port. That's the version you can buy on steam and PS3 PSN.

Like the idea that you can play fast or slow depending on your preference.
Playing Ff12 right now and x2 speed is a godsend.

It was great for grinding on ff7 too.

They deleted the original code a long time ago, they did FF8 and 9 at the same time and did a shit job archiving.

From what I remember they had the PC port code that was an earlier build of the game because they fucked up and provided eidos the code for the port. That's the version you can buy on steam and PS3 PSN.

Playing Ff12 right now and x2 speed is a godsend.

It was great for grinding on ff7 too.

The speed up thing was class on FF9 when I was grinding.

They'll probably fuck it up but recent videos have been promising. The constant anime babble during battles is pretty annoying on that boss fight, like.

Was ready to smash the telly going up against Ozma like - a boss that has intelligent AI, that can fuck off.

There's worse than Ozma... Ozma in FF14 with an alliance of 24 f***ing idiots.

Don't know if you've seen the stuff about them releasing 7 in episodes - first part is only going to be till the end of Midgar apparently. Don't know if you've seen in the gameplay footage but you can actually see the materia in Cloud's sword you have equipped which impressed me far more than it probably should have done. Just really hope they don't fuck too much with the music. Not sure the internet is ready for another wave of Sephiroth fanboys yet though.

More excited about the 8 remaster to be honest - I'd quite like to replay 8 again but can't be bothered getting the old consoles out to do it on.

Back