Fewmin

Some of the "rules" are absolutely pathetic tbh. Was in a pub at weekend with 3 mates. Sat outside on a bench, nearest bench was about 5 yards away so we were in our own little bullshit "bubble". One of the lads was standing at our bench instead of sat down, wasn't moving about or fuck all, got a bollocking and told to sit down. Like being back at school man ffs.
Never got this sit down rule anyway, what's the difference if you're stood up or sat down. It's a load of bollocks that was just plucked out of thin air. Bit like the substantial meal nonsense.

Went to the Havelock late on last Sunday, three of us walked in to the outside seating area , the only other table that had some punters on had a mate of mine on with his wife and two friends , I went over to say hello but remained over three yards away but the barmaid had to have a dig about standing up and speaking to someone else.

Social distancing was observed , but common sense has been long lost.

Went to the Havelock late on last Sunday, three of us walked in to the outside seating area , the only other table that had some punters on had a mate of mine on with his wife and two friends , I went over to say hello but remained over three yards away but the barmaid had to have a dig about standing up and speaking to someone else.

Social distancing was observed , but common sense has been long lost.

As I understand it, places have been warned with loss of licence if found to be beaching rules during a spot check by the council. I don’t blame them for enforcing the rules given this.

As I understand it, places have been warned with loss of licence if found to be beaching rules during a spot check by the council. I don’t blame them for enforcing the rules given this.

The pub has outside seating for about 100 , there were 4 sat at one table , 3 of us walked in and got a table , a total of 7 .

I walked over to say hello but stayed about three yards away.

The same barmaid who chastised me stood closer to me when taking the drinks order.

Read the guidance about meeting outside , before quoting “breaching rules “ and enforcment of the same .

As I mentioned common sense has long been lost , I’d include you after that reply.

The pub has outside seating for about 100 , there were 4 sat at one table , 3 of us walked in and got a table , a total of 7 .

I walked over to say hello but stayed about three yards away.

The same barmaid who chastised me stood closer to me when taking the drinks order.

Read the guidance about meeting outside , before quoting “breaching rules “ and enforcment of the same .

As I mentioned common sense has long been lost , I’d include you after that reply.

Okay but as I say, I believe pubs have been told by local authorities that they could lose their licence to serve alcohol if people aren't following the rules.

Those are the rules. The pubs can't change them. The local authority has to enforce them.

If you want people to put their livelihoods and businesses at risk, so that people can stand up, I'd say it's you that has lost common sense, not me.

Okay but as I say, I believe pubs have been told by local authorities that they could lose their licence to serve alcohol if people aren't following the rules.

Those are the rules. The pubs can't change them. The local authority has to enforce them.

If you want people to put their livelihoods and businesses at risk, so that people can stand up, I'd say it's you that has lost common sense, not me.

If you could explain to me how I could walk in to a seating area without standing up I’d be grateful.

If you could explain to me how I could walk in to a seating area without standing up I’d be grateful.

Well, you did say that you walked into the seating area, and then walked over to another table to speak to the people there, whilst stood up. That isn't the same as claiming you were told off for not sitting down, whilst walking to your table.

Back