Female commentators

Pretty simple really. If you can do the job then male or female is irrelevant.
I still happen to think Gary Lineker is sub standard and Kelly Cates (Dalglish), for one beats him hands down.
I hate to say this but, as good a player as Shearer was and as much as that man gave me plenty of great memories.....he's as boring as hell when analysing and repeats himself almost consistently.
He analyses well but it's about how you come across.
Gary Neville is good. Carragher is decent.

Alex Scott and Gabby Logan are decent pundits. Bianca Westwood, Sue Smith...etc...etc. Some good footballing pundits, which, pound for pound are plenty good enough to give the men a run.
Agree with this.

Last edited:

I'd have no issue with a lass as the main commentator as well, but only if they can convey the excitement of a chance without screeching. I always say imagine the "Agueeerrrooooo" moment with a female commentator.
There is no one more 'screechy' than Tyldesley and Matterface.

Voices like nails down a blackboard.

Funnily enough it doesn't appear to have hampered their careers.

It is ridiculous. I can't get away with lasses football either. Shite.
Some of the approach play is OK until they come up against a centre half who could easily be playing rugby. Tiny lasses just get barged off the ball. The goals are too big as well. Should be smaller to take account of the average height of a goalkeeper. The female commentators spoil women's football as well.

All the same, the commentator's and co commentator's just have a conversation between themselves and rarely commentate on the game itself.

There's nothing wrong with the idea of female commentators, the problem is that the current bunch are rubbish and only there so it's looks EDI.

Pretty simple really. If you can do the job then male or female is irrelevant.
I still happen to think Gary Lineker is sub standard and Kelly Cates (Dalglish), for one beats him hands down.
I hate to say this but, as good a player as Shearer was and as much as that man gave me plenty of great memories.....he's as boring as hell when analysing and repeats himself almost consistently.
He analyses well but it's about how you come across.
Gary Neville is good. Carragher is decent.

Alex Scott and Gabby Logan are decent pundits. Bianca Westwood, Sue Smith...etc...etc. Some good footballing pundits, which, pound for pound are plenty good enough to give the men a run.
It's not what they say it's how they squeal it.

They also never f***ing shut up, commentary has gone right down hill, too many egos involved, they literally believe they are part of the action. That's men and women, but I must admit I've turned stuff off when a lass has been commentating

Last edited:
Back in the 2018 World Cup, Fox in the USA had a female co-commenter for some of the lower profile matches. I'm assuming she was an ex-US women's team player. In footballing terms, she was a decent squad player. Most of the others were better, but she was exponentially better than Warren Barton.

Talking of commentators, anyone think Gary Lineker has lost his sparkle? seems fed up these days. He sounds and acts like someone who either knows their time is almost up or has been given a 25 year contract. I can't fathom out which.

Talking of commentators, anyone think Gary Lineker has lost his sparkle? seems fed up these days. He sounds and acts like someone who either knows their time is almost up or has been given a 25 year contract. I can't fathom out which.
Yep, he's really good still when doing serious stuff but irritating as fuck on MOTD with his shit puns and chumminess with Shearer and Wright.

Back