Female commentators

Just watched the West Ham coverage on MOTD.

No. It just doesn't work for me.

I have no doubt they can analyse games as well as blokes, they could manage as well as blokes but trying to ape blokes when they commentate just doesn't work.
They're bloody awful.

I remember an smber saying his lasses voice was so deep she had to text him when in bed as it wakes the kids up!:lol:

I always say imagine the "Agueeerrrooooo" moment with a female commentator.

that is one of the worst commentary moments going ....... that and "And it's live"

As previous posters have said, Martin Tyler needs to go.

I understand and agree that most female commentators hit the wrong pitch with their voices and it sounds more like a 13 year old boy auditioning for Junior Commentator of the Year

Martin Tyler is appalling. I was watching the Liverpool match yesterday and he was not commentating on the action at all. Just inane drivel, trying to be Carragher’s best mate and throwing in the same stars about 5 times each during the game.

He occasionally would say ‘Fabinho picks it up’ but it’s not commentary, it’s just talking over the top of the game.

There was one point where I think it was Keita got the ball, and Tyler said ‘Keita with the ball now’. Keita then passed it out of play for a throw in. Villa took the throw, passed it amongst themselves for about 20 seconds before trying to attack, which broke down and the ball went out for a Liverpool goal kick. Tyler did not mention any of this as he was too busy talking about the Man City game on Thursday. Anyone who may be blind and relies on the commentary to give them an idea of the game would be fucked.
Absolutely agree, he’s an appalling commentator

Thread like this always gets the misogynists crawling out from under their rocks.

The world is changing lads, like or not it's changing and women are quite rightly getting the opportunities to commentate on male sports in the same way that male commentators have been covering female sports since the dawn of time.

I'd like Alex Scott given a run as co-commentator. She explains why players have done or not done certain things, and what they were thinking, when doing punditry. Almost every other pundit tells you what you can already see on the screen.

Not sure who the female commentator is for bbc but its awful. It always sounds like she is trying too hard. Same when i hear phil neville too, he is probably worse.

Martin Tyler is appalling. I was watching the Liverpool match yesterday and he was not commentating on the action at all. Just inane drivel, trying to be Carragher’s best mate and throwing in the same stars about 5 times each during the game.

He occasionally would say ‘Fabinho picks it up’ but it’s not commentary, it’s just talking over the top of the game.

There was one point where I think it was Keita got the ball, and Tyler said ‘Keita with the ball now’. Keita then passed it out of play for a throw in. Villa took the throw, passed it amongst themselves for about 20 seconds before trying to attack, which broke down and the ball went out for a Liverpool goal kick. Tyler did not mention any of this as he was too busy talking about the Man City game on Thursday. Anyone who may be blind and relies on the commentary to give them an idea of the game would be fucked.

He is one of the reasons i watch the the EPL on the foreign channels.

Listened to the Southampton v City last night on 5 Live. Think was Karen Carney co commentating on there. Came across well to me.

Yeah Karen Carney is better than a lot of the male commentators, Stephen Warnock at the minute never seems to be off R5 and he does my f***ing heed in.

Where’s the black commentators? Where’s their opportunities? Even John Motsons sheep skin jacket was white wool, the racist bastard.

Alex Scott is ok as a pundit in the studio..i'd take her over the likes of Micah Richards who is hopeless IMO..Graeme Souness was once awful to her on a Sky game over a term she used..he's a fkn bell end anarl like.

Back