Female commentators

Said it a few times but I think women can be perfectly good hosts, pundits and co commentators, better than plenty of the blokes who do it currently. I'd have no issue with a lass as the main commentator as well, but only if they can convey the excitement of a chance without screeching. I always say imagine the "Agueeerrrooooo" moment with a female commentator. The pitch (from the ones I've heard) has always been far too high for it not to sound hideous . That being said, I don't think it's the case that there will never be a lass with the right voice for it, I just don't think the few I've heard have it. I've no doubt that eventually they'll find a female commentator who can deliver that part of it whilst also not falling into the clichés that a lot of the blokes do.

Said it a few times but I think women can be perfectly good hosts, pundits and co commentators, better than plenty of the blokes who do it currently. I'd have no issue with a lass as the main commentator as well, but only if they can convey the excitement of a chance without screeching. I always say imagine the "Agueeerrrooooo" moment with a female commentator. The pitch (from the ones I've heard) has always been far too high for it not to sound hideous . That being said, I don't think it's the case that there will never be a lass with the right voice for it, I just don't think the few I've heard have it. I've no doubt that eventually they'll find a female commentator who can deliver that part of it whilst also not falling into the clichés that a lot of the blokes do.
Nowt wrong with women screeching and squealing..............as long as it’s at the appropriate moment of course ;)

Plen

Plenty women round the north east with voices as deep as Barry White, they should give them a go.

Sends a fecking shiver down me spine when you hear them bellowing in a supermarket.

Pretty simple really. If you can do the job then male or female is irrelevant.
I still happen to think Gary Lineker is sub standard and Kelly Cates (Dalglish), for one beats him hands down.
I hate to say this but, as good a player as Shearer was and as much as that man gave me plenty of great memories.....he's as boring as hell when analysing and repeats himself almost consistently.
He analyses well but it's about how you come across.
Gary Neville is good. Carragher is decent.

Alex Scott and Gabby Logan are decent pundits. Bianca Westwood, Sue Smith...etc...etc. Some good footballing pundits, which, pound for pound are plenty good enough to give the men a run.

the lass who does the cricket's bloody awful,but,i'll put up with that seeing as the test starts on wednesday

It's been done to death on here, but I do agree, even male commentators are shite now tho.

Martin Tyler is appalling. I was watching the Liverpool match yesterday and he was not commentating on the action at all. Just inane drivel, trying to be Carragher’s best mate and throwing in the same stars about 5 times each during the game.

He occasionally would say ‘Fabinho picks it up’ but it’s not commentary, it’s just talking over the top of the game.

There was one point where I think it was Keita got the ball, and Tyler said ‘Keita with the ball now’. Keita then passed it out of play for a throw in. Villa took the throw, passed it amongst themselves for about 20 seconds before trying to attack, which broke down and the ball went out for a Liverpool goal kick. Tyler did not mention any of this as he was too busy talking about the Man City game on Thursday. Anyone who may be blind and relies on the commentary to give them an idea of the game would be fucked.

Vicky Sparks is awful. The tone of her voice is dreadful and that combined with the false crowd noise isn’t a good combination. There are plenty of poor male commentators too. As technology has improved and multiple cameras have made visual coverage better I’m afraid the proliferation of commentary teams and droning pundits make the televised game a poorer experience these days.

Martin Tyler is appalling. I was watching the Liverpool match yesterday and he was not commentating on the action at all. Just inane drivel, trying to be Carragher’s best mate and throwing in the same stars about 5 times each during the game.

He occasionally would say ‘Fabinho picks it up’ but it’s not commentary, it’s just talking over the top of the game.

There was one point where I think it was Keita got the ball, and Tyler said ‘Keita with the ball now’. Keita then passed it out of play for a throw in. Villa took the throw, passed it amongst themselves for about 20 seconds before trying to attack, which broke down and the ball went out for a Liverpool goal kick. Tyler did not mention any of this as he was too busy talking about the Man City game on Thursday. Anyone who may be blind and relies on the commentary to give them an idea of the game would be fucked.

Tyler is unlistenable these days. My heart sinks when I realise he's commentating. Needs to be retired.

Just watched the West Ham coverage on MOTD.

No. It just doesn't work for me.

I have no doubt they can analyse games as well as blokes, they could manage as well as blokes but trying to ape blokes when they commentate just doesn't work.
Bang on n i'm not ashamed to say so.

Back