Fellow Train buffs..

No, not seen it yet.
I know it's not the engine but the passenger car rolling stock for the 43 was far better than the Azuma in my opinion. I always used to try and get a 225 before Covid if I had to travel down to London.

I don't like the Azuma. The seats are not as comfortable.

After a serious train delay once where they cobbled a train together from any random bits of train they could find, we ended up on one of the old BR carriages where you have to drop the window to open door with the outside handle. My children said I got far too excited about opening and closing the door ☺

Last edited by a moderator:
No, not seen it yet.

I don't like the Azuma. The seats are not as comfortable.

After a serious train delay once where they cobbled a train together from any random bits of train they could find, we ended up on one of the old BR carriages where you have to drop the window to open door with the outside handle. My children said I got far too excited about opening and closing the door ☺

Yep that's my major problem with it as well. Grand Central sometimes cobbled together trains with old school BR first class cars which is always a treat. I'm the same with planes, would always choose to fly on a 747 over a 777 or a380 even if it meant a longer layover. Glad I did since I'll probably never get to fly on a 747 again now.

I know it's not the engine but the passenger car rolling stock for the 43 was far better than the Azuma in my opinion. I always used to try and get a 225 before Covid if I had to travel down to London.
Agreed. I don’t like the new trans Penine ones either. Preferred the previous ones especially first class advance.

Back