Feel Good Films

Some great shouts on here, a lot of which I would watch time and again.
My personal favourite which hasn’t been mentioned yet....
A Matter Of Life And Death.

It's going to be one of those days today - so I'll be in need of a really good film tonight to uplift me, entertain me and possibly make me laugh or cry.

I'm not a huge contemporary Rom-com fan, I prefer the classics. So I've narrowed it down to one of these:
Roman Holiday
The Philadelphia Story
Gregory's Girl
The Odd Couple
The Adventures of Robin Hood
Singing in the Rain

What are your favourite feel good films? The first person to mention Love Actually will automatically go on ignore! :lol:
The greatest showman.

Already mentioned by Epps, The Full Monty and a great shout by Arkle, Oil City Confidential is a brilliant film.

You don't need to be a particular fan of Dr. Feelgood to enjoy it. The backdrop of b&w footage projected onto the oil storage tanks was both poignant and inspired.

My obvious shouts would be Local Hero and The Graduate.

More obscure is Untouchable, a French film with subtitles about a paraplegic and his unlikely carer. Funny, sad and uplifting in equal measure, a real gem of a film.

Marley and me.
Message in a bottle.

Already mentioned by Epps, The Full Monty and a great shout by Arkle, Oil City Confidential is a brilliant film.

You don't need to be a particular fan of Dr. Feelgood to enjoy it. The backdrop of b&w footage projected onto the oil storage tanks was both poignant and inspired.

More obscure is Untouchable, a French film with subtitles about a paraplegic and his unlikely carer. Funny, sad and uplifting in equal measure, a real gem of a film.
That last one based on a true story and a great movie.

It's going to be one of those days today - so I'll be in need of a really good film tonight to uplift me, entertain me and possibly make me laugh or cry.

I'm not a huge contemporary Rom-com fan, I prefer the classics. So I've narrowed it down to one of these:
Roman Holiday
The Philadelphia Story
Gregory's Girl
The Odd Couple
The Adventures of Robin Hood
Singing in the Rain

What are your favourite feel good films? The first person to mention Love Actually will automatically go on ignore! :lol:

Local Hero

Good shout the French film, seen it a couple times . Omar Sy the carer is a laugh a minute, there is an American remake due out abuot now iirc.

:lol:
The lake house
Mary Poppins
Now Voyager
Meet me in St. Louis
The railway children

Rebecca
Now Voyager - absolute classic. I watched it a few weeks back. Again! How about Random Harvest too? My friend's grandmother once said my Dad looked like an 'old' Ronald Colman. He was furious! :lol:

Just watched Calamity Jane. Sometimes it has to be Doris! :lol:

Back