Feel Good Films

If a film is making you cry it's not a feel good film.

It's going to be one of those days today - so I'll be in need of a really good film tonight to uplift me, entertain me and possibly make me laugh or cry.

I'm not a huge contemporary Rom-com fan, I prefer the classics. So I've narrowed it down to one of these:
Roman Holiday
The Philadelphia Story
Gregory's Girl
The Odd Couple
The Adventures of Robin Hood
Singing in the Rain

What are your favourite feel good films? The first person to mention Love Actually will automatically go on ignore! :lol:

There's also feel good bits in it.

Three of them - the original On the Buses, Mutiny on the Buses and the epic Holiday on the Buses (Stan, Jack and Blakey end up with jobs at Pontins).
Dear God! :lol: Years back I was travelling regularly to see a nun at a convent in Blyth (she had an exhibition of Bewick like etchings which I coordinated :)) and the bus I got was always showing episodes of on the buses. By the time I got there I had the theme tune playing in my head to the point of hysteria. :lol:

Kes
Full Monty
Brassed off
I haven't been able to watch the ending of Kes since I was 14 and they showed it to us when I was at school. I was a total mess. Couldn't eat my dinner afterwards. But I regularly watch the football scenes with Brian Glover which are class.

Back