Feature on the news about Chrimbo

dangermows

Striker
Saying 80% of Brits think the decision to relax is a disaster waiting to happen. Saying 100% of the population have increased risk of getting ill because of a 'little jolly up' wanted by 20%, and will mean a huge spike in January and longer lockdowns well into next year.

Surprised at the stats but shows most aren't that arsed about Chrimbo in the grand scale of things.

I think it's a given that there will be a third wave, and nothing the government is doing gives me confidence otherwise.

If you look at countries who have successfully overcome the virus, such as China, Korea, Hong Kong, Australia etc even then it keeps coming back.

So lockdown will end and we will revert to type.

That’s great news. 80% of people being sensible so virus will be contained. Happy Christmas

The 80% reckon the 20% will cause the huge spike and further lockdowns :(
Nobody is forcing the 80% of people to mix at Christmas, if they don't want to do it then they can easily stay at home.

The 80% will still have to go to work, shops etc after Chrimbo and the virus will have been spread all owa by the 20%.

Last edited:
Saying 80% of Brits think the decision to relax is a disaster waiting to happen. Saying 100% of the population have increased risk of getting ill because of a 'little jolly up' wanted by 20%, and will mean a huge spike in January and longer lockdowns well into next year.

Surprised at the stats but shows most aren't that arsed about Chrimbo in the grand scale of things.
'Crimbo'.
For the vast majority in tier 1 its not much different. Its not really a huge relaxation of the rules. If you're in tier 2 or 3 then yes, but id think the uproar if tier 1 were allowed Christmas and tier 2 and 3 weren't would be pretty large.
Good to see the majority of people won't be mixing and having crimbo by themselves

'Crimbo'.
For the vast majority in tier 1 its not much different. Its not really a huge relaxation of the rules. If you're in tier 2 or 3 then yes, but id think the uproar if tier 1 were allowed Christmas and tier 2 and 3 weren't would be pretty large.
Good to see the majority of people won't be mixing and having crimbo by themselves

It shouldn't really be about people kicking off if others can enjoy Chrimbo. Chrimbo shouldn't really come into it. It should just be about the numbers/levels.

As I've said though, people were going to meet up for Chrimbo regardless truth be told.

Last edited:
It shouldn't really be about people kicking off if others can enjoy Chrimbo. Chrimbo shouldn't really come into it. It should just be about the numbers/levels.

As I've said though, people were going to meet up for Chrimbo regardless truth be told.
Fortunately we have free will.
We know the guidelines and can make our own mind up.

I'm pretty sure most on here drive over 70 on motorways.

I think the same folk who are moaning about being allowed round to their parents on Crimbo day were exactly the same bunch moaning like fuck about the rules earlier on saying that they can't go round to their parents, but could sit next to them in a park, or if they were a tradesman they could then go round to their parents, etc etc.

I think its just the moaners you hear most of unfortunately.

Fortunately we have free will.
We know the guidelines and can make our own mind up.

I'm pretty sure most on here drive over 70 on motorways.

I think the same folk who are moaning about being allowed round to their parents on Crimbo day were exactly the same bunch moaning like fuck about the rules earlier on saying that they can't go round to their parents, but could sit next to them in a park, or if they were a tradesman they could then go round to their parents, etc etc.

I think its just the moaners you hear most of unfortunately.

Brits are class at it.

Brits are class at it.
:) we are indeed.
But we're also class at getting through things and taking a stiff upper lip etc etc
This board, there are so many who just look to the negative at every f***ing opportunity.
You wouldn't want many with you in the trenches.
Very judgemental, and I think hypocritical people.

So with the OP, it seems strange, as at my work its about 80/20 in favour of whats happening.

:) we are indeed.
But we're also class at getting through things and taking a stiff upper lip etc etc
This board, there are so many who just look to the negative at every f***ing opportunity.
You wouldn't want many with you in the trenches.
Very judgemental, and I think hypocritical people.

So with the OP, it seems strange, as at my work its about 80/20 in favour of whats happening.

Yup, I too was (pleasantly) surprised at the findings. Not that it matters like, it's happening.

Last edited:

Back