Favourite snake experts

Mark O’shea.

He gets bitten way too often. I remember a prog he did in South Africa in which he went for a night drive looking for blind snakes. He thought he saw one and got out to pick it up. I was screaming at the TV: "Don't touch it, it's a stiletto snake." Next thing, shaky camera work, flashing blue lights, and Mark O'Shea in a hospital bed with his hand bandaged up.

Stiletto snakes are especially nasty. Their fangs stick out of the mouths. If you pick one up, it reverses in your grip to impale your fingers.

Logon or register to see this image

He gets bitten way too often. I remember a prog he did in South Africa in which he went for a night drive looking for blind snakes. He thought he saw one and got out to pick it up. I was screaming at the TV: "Don't touch it, it's a stiletto snake." Next thing, shaky camera work, flashing blue lights, and Mark O'Shea in a hospital bed with his hand bandaged up.

Stiletto snakes are especially nasty. Their fangs stick out of the mouths. If you pick one up, it reverses in your grip to impale your fingers.
I think he is a professor of herpitology now I think?I used to have the occasional king cobra and python venture into the back garden when I lived in the PI,always liked snakes.

Back