Favourite shot of the month - January

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just for fun and interest - no competitive element
1. Post a photo you have taken this month.
2. Tell us whether you want constructive criticism or not - no one is here to judge
3. Add EXIF data if you like (this can be interesting for others) or just say what (type of) camera was used
4. If you want to, tell us whether just a pure photography shot or if there's any post production.
5. Add any other comment you may feel is relevant.

I'd say the photo needs to have been taken in January so we are dealing with your current photography but maybe if you have an old photo you want critiqued stick it in a thread of it's own and ask for help/advice

@Steeeeed @HellsBells @tom tom macute @Icarebecauseyoudo @ @Lonz @K3NA @MaDMaCKeM @smoker @oROSSo

and anyone else who likes taking photographs from beginner to expert .

Most of all, this is just for fun

This might change later - but I think its the best so far
Logon or register to see this image
Sligachan by Robert Smith, on Flickr

Make a nice card that Roberto. One of the best shots I've seen there

My only tiny gripe is that maybe the foremost cascade could be in the centre, the line the eye takes is diagonal

What's your email? I've done a slight crop to tighten it up a bit, see if you like it

Last edited by a moderator:

I didn't take them this month, or indeed in january, but trying to decide which to use as a print

I didn't take them this month, or indeed in january, but trying to decide which to use as a print
I would have said the one on the left at first glance, it is lighter in the middle and doesn't have a rock poking in on right hand margin. However, after looking more closely, I do prefer the increased amount of trees in the photo on the right and also the slightly lighter look to the rock fading in the distance.

Verdict : left marginally as I'm not a huge fan of reflections.

I would have said the one on the left at first glance, it is lighter in the middle and doesn't have a rock poking in on right hand margin. However, after looking more closely, I do prefer the increased amount of trees in the photo on the right and also the slightly lighter look to the rock fading in the distance.

Verdict : left marginally as I'm not a huge fan of reflections.
No mirrors in your house peachy ;)

This could be for 2 reasons....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back