Favourite current funny TV show....

Some of my favourites have already been mentioned:

Brooklyn Nine Nine
Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Also...

The Good Place
Workaholics
Upstart Crow (only if you like Shakespeare, otherwise half of it will go over your head and you won't get the best jokes at all)

...and I recently got into Schitt's Creek, which is one of those that's quite awkward at first but once you get into it is actually pretty good.

Brooklyn Nine Nine

Also...

The Good Place
Workaholics
Upstart Crow (only if you like Shakespeare, otherwise half of it will go over your head and you won't get the best jokes at all)

...and I recently got into Schitt's Creek, which is one of those that's quite awkward at first but once you get into it is actually pretty good.
I didn't think I would like that but it really surprised me.

Brooklyn Nine Nine

Also...

The Good Place
Workaholics

Good place was great at the start, third series is really poor though. Finishing up after 4th

Brooklyn Nine Nine

Also...

The Good Place
Workaholics

Can't get away with this (Upstart Crow). Probs cos of Mitchell's 'style'. Haven't tried it since it started so it may have got better with time.

Last edited:
Good place was great at the start, third series is really poor though. Finishing up after 4th

I'm still enjoying it, I am. It has changed, and changed, and changed, but it's still keeping me entertained.

Can't get away with this (Upstart Crow). Probs cos of Mitchell's 'style'. Haven't tried it since it started so it may have got better with time.

Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone. I like David Mitchell, and I like all the subtle and not so subtle Shakespeare references in the plot and dialogue, so it's a win for me.

Last edited:
I think it was the not so subtle ones that did it (didn't do it?) for me. Didn't realise there were any subtle ones anyway. What I saw seemed to be ham fisted set-ups to obvious schoolboy humour.

I think it was the not so subtle ones that did it (didn't do it?) for me. Didn't realise there were any subtle ones anyway. What I saw seemed to be ham fisted set-ups to obvious schoolboy humour.

Yeah, it definitely has two sides to the humour: subtle Shakespeare stuff for the hardcore Shakespeare nuts, and vapid schoolboy crap for the non-Shakespeare fans. The problem is there's very little in between, so if you are neither into Shakespeare or vapid schoolboy humour then there's not a lot in there.

For me, I could put up with the schoolboy stuff because the Shakespeare stuff was actually very intelligently written.

Not sure how the thing got the green light to be fair. :lol:

Back